RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
default2k said:
So im guessing this wont get ported to other flashcarts, right?
mmmm....
off topic someone should update the current genesis emu since its as buggy as SnesemulDS
There's no hope of it being ported really, since the program is designed to run on the DStwo's unique infrastructure.
You have other flashcarts with the integrated CPU like iPlayer and EX4DS, but they're not the same.
Also there's the fact that this new SNES emulator doesn't appear to be based on SNEmulDS at all, and as for jEnesisDS, well the guy who made that ended up using the emulator to make Sonic Classic Collection on the DS. jEnesisDS is as good as finished now.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Now, I don't know how the SNES emulator handles the audio, but if it is doing it all on the DSTWO itself, then what if they were to move it to the NDS on the ARM7 side? The audio subsystem is said to be self-contained, in that it pretty much works independently from everything else, so if they did that, that would shave from processing time for other things. PocketSPC is an example of an SPC player on the NDS.

A problem though is whether or not the DSTWO is even capable of doing this kind of move. From what I can tell, the DSTWO is only capable of outputting in an image and audio format, and the receiving program on the DS side uses that information to display the image and play the audio. If the receiving program is not limited to just image and audio, but is actually programmable, then it might just work.
Ah, now you've hit on something kind of interesting. I'm no expert, I admit, but as I understand it, one of the reasons compatibility on current DS SNES emulators can be a bit spotty (and why some games have terrible weird audio glitches) is caused because the audio is usually done on the ARM7, and the rest done on the ARM9 and there's no perfect way to sync the SPU and CPU in the correct way (this is also evidenced by the tweaking of this 'sync' you can do in SnemulDS's ini file). maybe there's a way to do it with the DSTwo, hard to say, but just wanted to throw that out there. It probably *would* speed things up a bit were it possible.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me ignorant, but hasn't there been SNES emulation for a while?

I own a DSTWO, and only use it's DS functions.

But, what on earth does this emulator do that others don't? It still can't play Secret of Mana correctly from what I've read here. Which saddens me as it's my favorite game of all time!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Trulen said:

But, what on earth does this emulator do that others don't? It still can't play Secret of Mana correctly from what I've read here. Which saddens me as it's my favorite game of all time!
It used the on-board processor to play SNES games at a smoother faster rate than the others. So if I am getting this. games won't look like crap like they do on the other emulator since they will have more power. Also it's no shock that some games don't work since they have a chipset that makes it hard for them to work on emulators like this.

If this one is good, just give them time to make it better.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Trulen said:

It used the on-board processor to play SNES games at a smoother faster rate than the others. So if I am getting this. games won't look like crap like they do on the other emulator since they will have more power. Also it's no shock that some games don't work since they have a chipset that makes it hard for them to work on emulators like this.

If this one is good, just give them time to make it better.
The games can look better because the CPU has enough power to render it in software rather than doing the best it can with the DS's 2D hardware. There's other benefits too of course, like support for games with special chips (even if not all of them run great). The emulators out there right now really are damn impressive given what they've been able to on the DS, but the DSTwo's extra power certainly means the emulator can potentially be a lot better.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just am so excited to play earthbound without the layering issues.
biggrin.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Zetta_x said:
Someone needs to implement a "Free Cheat" support if it is not added =P
You could always use ZSNES's cheat search function, or...
http://www.datacrystal.org/wiki/Category:SNES_games
There's RAM maps for a couple games there.
7E+ADDR+XX = PAR code.

You're right! Ooo nice site too. I have a small database of cheats on my laptop when I was a bit younger. If the SNES emulator supports cheats (which I'm pretty sure it will), I'll probably make the few adjustments (if any) to carry them over.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I would ever want to cheat on a snes game. xD Too classy for cheats.

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but there's a closed beta for some of the forum members at SC. =/

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-6912-1-1.html

I don't know why they don't just release it as an open beta...

I wonder if it's allowed to beg those people in the closed beta to send us a copy. It's not like there will be any anti-piracy codes to stop them from sharing it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
jakeyjake said:
I don't know why they don't just release it as an open beta...Because most people don't know what a beta is.
They'll find bugs, and thing the bugs will carry over to the release version and bitch to high hell about it and it'll get a bad reputation.
First impressions are important when you're dealing with little kids.

QUOTE(Zetta_x @ Aug 27 2010, 02:31 PM) You're right! Ooo nice site too. I have a small database of cheats on my laptop when I was a bit younger. If the SNES emulator supports cheats (which I'm pretty sure it will), I'll probably make the few adjustments (if any) to carry them over.
I forgot about this, there's an SNES emulator cheat code pack (for bsnes), the files are in a plaintext format so you can open them with a text editor to view the addresses.
http://www.mightymo.net/downloads/walkthro...Code%20Pack.zip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. The closed beta SNES Emulator for the DSTWO is out to a few beta testers:

QUOTE said:
List:
PCrep
blastar
dudu.exe
Fef51
joedanger
jmr
Shikeishuu
sebastiaan4489
Irock23
r4ymond
WolfMasterJW

Read the full topic here: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-6912-1-1.html.

Also...there is a Request Thread that is just for SNES Games Testing. You can request which SNES game you want us beta testers to test. A few people on the list are testing SNES games. All you have to do is request and we'll try it right away!
smile.gif

The SNES Games Request thread can be found here: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-6920-1-1.html.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just read that Games Testing thread in the SC forum and according to the results I'd say it's good enough for a first realease.

What I'd like to know is how the different screen/pixel sizes are handled? Is the screen cropped, scaled or stretched or whatever? Are there even different options?

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Just read that Games Testing thread in the SC forum and according to the results I'd say it's good enough for a first realease.

What I'd like to know is how the different screen/pixel sizes are handled? Is the screen cropped, scaled or stretched or whatever? Are there even different options?

I'd say the same thing. If they are going for full compatibility before they release it though, I'd be kinda sad. That could take months....

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:

There's three or four options (one that resizes to fit the DS screen, then the other ones are various cropped ones).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger