Hacking Scary update warning....

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the conduit, dumped it onto HDD, tried all loaders and still get the same hanging problem when trying to get online. So I decided maybe it would run through the disc channel using my retail disc. Well no surprise here, but it wants a system update. Thats where I stopped.

I have rev12, and was thinking about going up to 13a, as I hear that works better with this game online, but then 13a is pretty buggy. I dont want to have to power down the wii everytime I want to change games. To me that defeats the whole purpose of using a USB loader all together. I have Bootmii installed, and would hate to have to get up every time I want to play a different game (When will bootmii have wiimote controls anyways?)

So that is where I am, wanting to play the conduit online, but cant use my disc, and dont want to have to goto rev13a. Has anyone been brave enough to apply this update? It gives you the warning about modified content, and perhaps bricking the wii. I know I have bootmii installed and a backup of my NAND, but that crap still makes me nervous........anyone try it yet?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Wii for The Conduit, but still need to try out things. It didn't brick it or remove my WADs, so I think it's safe. I don't think many updates for games cause many issues with homebrew, only major changes in firmware.

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well please report after your findings, because i am so ready to update for this game. The hanging when accessing the online features is crazy long, and I would rather just use the disc until the problem is ironed out.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All it does is update your IOS. It doesn't touch anything else. You don't have to bother with it though it you install rev13a. No lag with that cIOS (I had the same issue until I updated to 13a).

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, assuming you don't have some really old version of the system menu, all it will probably do is update your IOS files. It has some of the newer 'stub' IOS, so a lot of them are probably trucha fixed. Not a problem if you have cIOS anyway, since you can handily skirt that issue if you've got that installed.

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im running 4.0 system menu with cios rev12, so you guys think im gonna be good? I do have bootmii, with a backup, so i dont know why Im so nervous about this. HA HA thanks anyways guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1