Hacking SC Mini SD "Not find the SD"

Tomobobo

Champion.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed 2 more supercards from winsunx right before xmas for some gifts. Got a lite for my girlfriend and a mini for my girlfriend's sister. I ordered the sd media from ebay, one came in time for xmas (micro), the mini did not. I just recieved it today.

Stuck some games and music and whatnot on the sd, and popped it into the mini, only to get "not find the SD" error. So I take out the sd, make sure it's FAT16 and all that, it is, so I stick it back in and try a few times with no success. Format over and over, defragment and do all this uneccessary stuff to no avail. I figure it's this no name SD card I got for 20 bones off ebay, so I run to the store and pick up a $10 Sandisk 256 MB. Stick it in, and no go. What's the deal? Is the supercard busted?

I ran the diagnostic test for supercard by holding L+R on boot. Gives "Error 03" on the SD test, which means "not find the SD".

Am I missing something extremely obvious? Like do you have to do something different from the fullsize and micro SD versions to the mini? I figure sandisk cards would be compatible, maybe I'm wrong.

Also, the SD with the adapter works in my chick's camera, so I don't think the card's bunk, just maybe not compatible. Can anyone offer assistance?

Tomobobo

Champion.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you recommend cleaning the contacts? I don't want to void my warranty by opening the card. Is that the only way?

WinsunX told me the same thing, to try cleaning the contacts. Weird though, why would a new product need to be cleaned? I'd be really pissed if my Wii came out of the box and had a dirty laser, that needed cleaning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up