.sav's sometimes not working on Acekard2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Corizzle, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Corizzle
    OP

Corizzle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2006
    Canada
    I am trying to transfer over some save files from my M3 Perfect Slot-2 to my new Acekard2. I believe the saves were transferred from the M3 using it's raw export feature. All the files are 256 kb and have .sav at the end.

When I try to copy these straight over to my Acekard 2 (same rom as was on my M3) it doesn't seem to want to work. I also tried converting them using Shuny's converter from RAW format (.sav) to the Acekard2 format and that got a few to work but still having some problems with a few games like Super Mario 64, Feel the Magic and a few others.

Has anyone had experience transferring over from an M3 slot-2 to an Acekard2 and if so did you have similar problems?

Thanks,

P.S.: tried searching but I couldn't find anything that helped, if you feel there is a topic that might help me please post a link

2. jgu1994

jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Earth
    I have a similar problem where i directly dragged all of my r4 saves into the acekard2 and none of them worked. I never figured it out, good luck with your problem though.

3. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    You'll probably have more luck in appropriate section!

4. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Did you rename the save files to "filename.nds.sav" (instead of "filename.sav")?

-Bri

5. Smiths

Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
    yep.. system options.. advanced options...

we have to have default sav extension as .nds.sav to keep compatible with official ak

6. Corizzle
    OP

Corizzle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2006
    Canada
    I renamed them all to .nds.sav, a select few do work (NFS Underground, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land) but a vast majority did not (Feel the Magic, Super Mario 64) yet every save were in the same format so I find it odd some are working and others are not.

7. currynoodles

currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2007
    Malaysia
    Check if your file extension for the save files are .sav or .SAV. I remember I had to change all of my save file extensions when I moved from the R4 to the Acekard. Good luck with that!

8. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    You might want to try the online save file converter.

-Bri

9. G1itch

G1itch Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2008
    I think he already used the converter, Bri.

I don't have an M3 myself, but I've had a similar experience backing up saves from original carts using the EZflash 3in1. After converting at shunyweb.info some work, some don't.

10. Smiths

Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
    savs case sensitive to the rom... hooray.

if it's BOB.NDS it has to be BOB.SAV i believe.

I can't make some of this up

11. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    You're right, I didn't read his original post carefully enough. Maybe it has to do with the export from the M3 then?

-Bri