Hacking .sav's sometimes not working on Acekard2

Corizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to transfer over some save files from my M3 Perfect Slot-2 to my new Acekard2. I believe the saves were transferred from the M3 using it's raw export feature. All the files are 256 kb and have .sav at the end.

When I try to copy these straight over to my Acekard 2 (same rom as was on my M3) it doesn't seem to want to work. I also tried converting them using Shuny's converter from RAW format (.sav) to the Acekard2 format and that got a few to work but still having some problems with a few games like Super Mario 64, Feel the Magic and a few others.

Has anyone had experience transferring over from an M3 slot-2 to an Acekard2 and if so did you have similar problems?

Thanks,

P.S.: tried searching but I couldn't find anything that helped, if you feel there is a topic that might help me please post a link

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem where i directly dragged all of my r4 saves into the acekard2 and none of them worked. I never figured it out, good luck with your problem though.

Corizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I renamed them all to .nds.sav, a select few do work (NFS Underground, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land) but a vast majority did not (Feel the Magic, Super Mario 64) yet every save were in the same format so I find it odd some are working and others are not.

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Check if your file extension for the save files are .sav or .SAV. I remember I had to change all of my save file extensions when I moved from the R4 to the Acekard. Good luck with that!

G1itch

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he already used the converter, Bri.

I don't have an M3 myself, but I've had a similar experience backing up saves from original carts using the EZflash 3in1. After converting at shunyweb.info some work, some don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: