Saving in both Nitrografx and Jenesisds doesnt work on Twilight Menu

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Neither save states and "in-game saving" (sram for example) do work.
Post automatically merged:

also booting nitrografx through unlaunch didnt fix the issue

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yep. That's because DSi SD card filesystem. Both emulators (latest versions) can't reach games directly..
Solution is to use these emulators on DS card in DS mode (R4 e.g.)
I've reported in different threads, so.. Don't remember exacty, but I'm using older versions of Nitrografx and JEnesis, not versions included in TWilightmenu++

Yo know.. Older versions of emulators came for NDS.
Twilight menu ++ came for DSi, than it was focusing on NDS compatibility.
So, Twilight menu (and it's versions of emulators) focus on DSi and it's filesystem (acessed from SD card)
Sure, There are different versions of Twilight menu - For DSi and for NDS, but emulators included in package are the same - DSi versions.

Last edited by ryba,
Reactions: Indy13 and Xdqwerty

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"in-game saving" works in both v0.7 and v0.91, save state contain also "in-game save".
moreover after loading state in v0.91 game freeze but access to menu is available, when you load the same hucard or cdrom image again "in-game save" will presist so it's kinda useful for second game boot. I rather v.07 that is less graphical buggy plus you can run it in DS mode compability in TWilight Menu++, and as for this homebrew it's working quite ok in case of access to memory, some other homebrews don't. I guess maybe only settings save is not working, not sure but i think so. Plus actually you can use save states under some conditions. As far I noticed save state dosn't have all necessery data, so video memory must be preloaded first by current gameplay, it's mean you can load/restore state only if you play the same level. Sometimes both versions are freezing randomly during entering menu L+R or loading another card.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sorry, My appologies, I thought NesDS, not Nitrografx. Awgh.. sorry again. Drunk coments at late night, bad idea, now I see that ;) oops
Still I'm using 0.7 version, but.. I think there is some problem with saving settings in 0.9 version, (as plasturion mentioned), that's why I switched to older one...
Not played Nitrografx as much, because of small screen for these games..

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
"in-game saving" works in both v0.7 and v0.91, save state contain also "in-game save".
moreover after loading state in v0.91 game freeze but access to menu is available, when you load the same hucard or cdrom image again "in-game save" will presist so it's kinda useful for second game boot. I rather v.07 that is less graphical buggy plus you can run it in DS mode compability in TWilight Menu++, and as for this homebrew it's working quite ok in case of access to memory, some other homebrews don't. I guess maybe only settings save is not working, not sure but i think so. Plus actually you can use save states under some conditions. As far I noticed save state dosn't have all necessery data, so video memory must be preloaded first by current gameplay, it's mean you can load/restore state only if you play the same level. Sometimes both versions are freezing randomly during entering menu L+R or loading another card.
im using the version included in twilight menu and idk how to boot the emulator in ds mode

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
grab nitrografx 0.7
place it in root of your sd card (for example)
create folder nitrografx in root of your sd card
setting.ini will be stored here.
also savestates
also I store cd bios here
I'm not sure, how this is handled, but as I remember, start nitrografx, mess with settings, than save settings. it should create settings.ini file with your settings
also if you'D like to use cd games, go to option/select bios - navigate to your bios file

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
OK. There are few things you have to try yourself, yeah?
Don't ask for everything before you even try yourself.
There are things you can accomplish, few thing that'll take you more time and few things you can't figure out, so it's better to ask more experienced users.
And read readme files packed with apps/emulators etc. It helps a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.