Misc saving DS DLCs in PC

amy test

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how can I save downloadable contents (DLC) for DS to my PC?
e,g, I wanna save Layton's DLCs on my hard drive.. or picross's DLCs to my PC.. etc..

is this possible?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm a bit confused to what you're actually asking.

If you're talking about Downloadable games that you play when someone hosts a multiplayer game using 1 cart then no you can not save these. This information is flashed into the DS and is only available until you turn off the DS. However, that isn't to say that a homebrew app couldn't be coded to gather the data and store it on your Flash kit for PC dumping. I can tell you that in my many months of daily research I have not come across something like this.

If that wasn't what you were asking then please clarify your question.

-AW

jscheibe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From the sounds of it he's asking if it's possible to save the downloaded extras for the games (ie new puzzles for picross that you get through the game and the wifi which are saved to the game).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
OK interesting, I don't play any of those games so I think I missed the initial question. A ROM is a Read Only Memory segment of data and can not be written too. As a result I would assume that extra data would be stored in some type of file format for each specific game. Try running the ROM on a Flash kit and after you download some content check your Flash media for new files. I think at that point you will have found the downloaded content.

Goodluck,
-AW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative