SaveMiiFrii isn't doing it for some reason...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bfandango, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009
  1. bfandango
    OP

Newcomer bfandango Member

Canada
    In my younger, more foolish days I bricked my 4.0U unit by using MyMenuify to install a CSM for a different region. I didn't have preloader or bootmii installed (foolish indeed!) Instant black screen on reboot, goodbye wii.

I really thought that when SM 4.1 came out I would be able to use a savemii/frii with a game disc to restore the thing. I just rented a copy of Sports Resort and gave it a try.

My savemiifrii seems to be working - displays "4.0 (USA)" in the bottom right of the screen. But it doesn't pick up an update from the disc - the screen stays black. I tried powering it on with the disc in the drive, and powering it on and then inserting the disc, but no luck.

Any ideas what to try next?

thanks,
    bf

2. bfandango
    OP

Canada
    a bit more information:

when I boot up with the savemiifrii with no disc, the "4.0 (USA)" sticks around for a long time.

If i boot up with a disc in the drive - Sports Resort, or any other game disc - the disc spins up, and when the drive makes its little "skaert" sound the "4.0 (USA)" disappears and the screen goes permanently black.

3. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    i think you need an auto boot game(or make an auto boot game) and i think its got to be an original disk and not a copy, unless your drive is chipped then you can use a coppied disk but make sure it has a update on it which is higher than the one on the wii(4.1) or it will never work with or without a chip

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    yup gameid = 0 and you must have a chip installed.

i have a drivekey for cheap let me know!

5. Nikj14

Member Nikj14 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    im pretty sure wii sports resort has an update to 3.4

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You still have to wait a long time. You need a game with 4.1 or higher. I do not understand how you assumed that Wii Sports Resort has that as 4.1 only fixes a bug in that game. Anyways, there's no game reported that has 4.0 on it, hopefully for you nintendo will add 4.1 to new games soon.

7. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    You still could send it to nintendo and have it repaired. Depends on if you want to play with it soon because like WiiPower said if you wait until 4.1 is as update on a game dvd... this can take a loooong time.

8. bfandango
    OP

Canada
    Ah, that explains it! With all the talk about Sports Resort and 4.1 I assumed it was bundled on there. back to the waiting game! Thanks for the info guys.