Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So I finally got some time to do some testing, here are the results:

-Deleting a save of a Channel installed on EmuNAND no longer deletes the entire channel, issue fixed

-You can now copy data from RAW to real MC

-If I try to copy from a Raw data to another or a MC I cannot cancel (return) as the only options available are (Raw A/B, MC A, MC B) and no (cancel option)

-The app still crashed on me when loading my 16 MB RAW data, not sure why since it working fine on Dohlphin and with Nintendont's GC Bios screen

-When loading real MC first time both MCs (A = first party, B = third party) gave me a weird looking file and nothing else, I tried clicking on it and the software crashed, when I tried again MCs worked fine, tried a couple of times and they worked fine, not sure why this happened first time but figured I'd report it

Edit: forgot to mention, these tests were on R66!

Last edited by sonictopfan,

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
thx for your report.

please, can you send to me a copy of your 16MB Raw Image?
are you sure there are no cancel button after had choosed the destination card?
no idea about what happened on your first try with real MC...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
thx for your report.

please, can you send to me a copy of your 16MB Raw Image?
are you sure there are no cancel button after had choosed the destination card?
no idea about what happened on your first try with real MC...

Here's my raw file http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhh39vjk6bq84hc/ninmem(2).raw

I don't know why that happened either but I'll try to trigger it again and see what happens, as for the cancel button I can see there are more cancel buttons added which is great (forgot to mention that as a positive addition) but not when you're about to select from Raw A, Raw B, MC A, and MC B, I can take a picture with my phone if you want.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
for the cancel button I can see there are more cancel buttons added which is great (forgot to mention that as a positive addition) but not when you're about to select from Raw A, Raw B, MC A, and MC B, I can take a picture with my phone if you want.
As i can only have four buttons, i can't add a cancel button in this window...

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Revision beta 67:

* Added Copy/Move GC save from CardX to RawCardA/RawCardB
* Some other changes in gettext.cpp (from Loadiine GX2)
* Fixed reload RawBrowser when reloading SD card
* Fixed remount of rawcard if rawcardpath are changed in settings while browsed
* Fixed mount/unmount of rawcard if swap devices

download here

Thx for your tests and reports.

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi dj_skual,

Thanks for the nice app. I used it for the first time today to backup saves from vWii to SD card.

After maybe 8 - 10 extracts to default folder the app always freezes, and I must pull power plug on my Wii U.

Also, sometimes it crashes and I get a text page with error stuff and it resets after 20 seconds to Wii menu.

Using the latest version for vWii.

ALSO: is there a way to batch save all my savegames? Or I must do them manually?

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Hi dj_skual,

Thanks for the nice app. I used it for the first time today to backup saves from vWii to SD card.

After maybe 8 - 10 extracts to default folder the app always freezes, and I must pull power plug on my Wii U.

Also, sometimes it crashes and I get a text page with error stuff and it resets after 20 seconds to Wii menu.

Using the latest version for vWii.

ALSO: is there a way to batch save all my savegames? Or I must do them manually?
ok, what version are you using? r127 or beta 67? if u use r127, it's a very unstable version, you should use beta r67 ( completely recoded, still to add batch fonctions).
in r127, batch fonctions exists, you must click the button near the wii button...

Last edited by dj_skual,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually that random crash after each 5-6 copies/deletes is still present, it's always been present since the update that added icon support.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Actually that random crash after each 5-6 copies/deletes is still present, it's always been present since the update that added icon support.
in beta app? hummm not sure cause i added icon support before reimplement manage functions... can you be more explicit please?

atm, i'm lookink about your 2043b rawcard prob... my latest fix to load big card seem to work cause now, the app load mine... also, i think it's coming from one of your save... perhaps you can help me investigate wich save? then i will look if this save as Something special or try to load this save in game to check it's not corrupted...

Last edited by dj_skual,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in beta app? hummm not sure cause i added icon support before reimplement manage functions... can you be more explicit please?

atm, i'm lookink about your 2043b rawcard prob... my latest fix to load big card seem to work cause now, the app load mine... also, i think it's coming from one of your save... perhaps you can help me investigate wich save? then i will look if this save as Something special or try to load this save in game to check it's not corrupted...

When the save's window is up the app starts lagging really bad and after about 2-3 saves (when deleting, at least for me) the entire app freezes. I've noticed it seems to do it more often when the scrolly thing starts running at the bottom of the dialog. I'm using r127.

I haven't looked to see if it might be the icon or scroll causing it yet. :(

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
in beta app? hummm not sure cause i added icon support before reimplement manage functions... can you be more explicit please
I don't know if it has anything with the fact icons were added, I'm just saying I noticed this bug in the original version of Save Game Manager GX since the revisions that added icon support, like I mean it as a time period not a report, before that it used to work just great, I remember this because back then I wondered why icons weren't implemented and when they finally did things started to slow down and crash a lot and it only gotten worse from there, I still have a copy of the very old version before the icons just in case, but of course that build did not support EmuNAND or Raw files so it's unlikely I'll ever go back to them.

I figured it could be one of my saves, the same issue happened when I was using a 8 MB file, I thought it maybe Crash Tag Team Racing (I really don't like that game much so I stopped playing) but deleting it did nothing, I need to do more testing.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just installed the right wads on the right systems vwii and wii id like to copy my saves from wii to vwii

i start the channel get the loading screen and i get kicked back to vwii(wiiu) or usbloadergx (wii) on both systems

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it has anything with the fact icons were added, I'm just saying I noticed this bug in the original version of Save Game Manager GX since the revisions that added icon support, like I mean it as a time period not a report, before that it used to work just great, I remember this because back then I wondered why icons weren't implemented and when they finally did things started to slow down and crash a lot and it only gotten worse from there, I still have a copy of the very old version before the icons just in case, but of course that build did not support EmuNAND or Raw files so it's unlikely I'll ever go back to them.
Also, it's on old original savegame manager? not on beta version?

I figured it could be one of my saves, the same issue happened when I was using a 8 MB file, I thought it maybe Crash Tag Team Racing (I really don't like that game much so I stopped playing) but deleting it did nothing, I need to do more testing.
thx for your help... tell me if you find more infos...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just installed the right wads on the right systems vwii and wii id like to copy my saves from wii to vwii .
i start the channel get the loading screen and i get kicked back to vwii(wiiu) or usbloadergx (wii) on both systems
which version are you using? normal one? beta one?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When the save's window is up the app starts lagging really bad and after about 2-3 saves (when deleting, at least for me) the entire app freezes. I've noticed it seems to do it more often when the scrolly thing starts running at the bottom of the dialog. I'm using r127.

I haven't looked to see if it might be the icon or scroll causing it yet. :(
please, try with beta r67...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, it's on old original savegame manager? not on beta version?
Yes, this is a known issue with the original SaveGame Manager and it only gotten worse as it continued receiving updates.
thx for your help... tell me if you find more infos...
Of course, but I'm busy with work related stuff these couple of days, I'll let you know once I get around testing it.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
OK, i figured out what was the problem and it's fixed for next revision ;)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, i figured out what was the problem and it's fixed for next revision ;)
Heh, I was about to report I found out which is the problem too, it's both saves actually, Donald Duck and Animaniacs, if I remove these two saves the raw file loads fine, if I create new saves for these two games (or one of them) it crashes, if I load my saves they work fine, save and load no problem.

I also tried to create new saves for these two games on my real MC and it didn't work, I deleted them and now it seems to randomly crash on Save Game Manager, sometimes it loads an empty folder, sometimes it loads the games then crash right away, sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes as it tries to load them, it seems to be a random crash thing when switching from a raw file or to real MC to another...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes