Savegame Manager doesn't work. Help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Smash Br0, Mar 14, 2012.

Mar 14, 2012
  1. Smash Br0
    OP

Member Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'd like to back up my system-locked saved games (especially Super Smash Bros. Brawl), but I can't get Savegame Manager working. Whenever I try to load it via HBC, I get this message:

"Could not load custom IOS (ret= -4100)"

Can anyone help me with this? Here is my latest sysCheck:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

A few notes:

- I don't really know if I have my IOS set up properly... I just followed a few guides a while back. Any advice is appreciated.
    - CFG Loader works perfectly. I can't load my Wii games via the disc channel anymore, though (Gamecube games work fine).
    - I'd like to install a fowarder channel so I can get to CFG Loader faster. I think I saw a guide somewhere around here...

Thanks in advance for your time!

2. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    I'm not the best expert but what I can see from your syscheck is that your wii is not properly softmodded (many ios are missing ex 58, 202,222,224,249,250..)
    What I advise is to do a proper softmodding using ModMii to update your ios's and optionally consider upgrading your system menu to 4.1.

3. fatherjack

Member fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi Smash Bro,

you dont have to go thru the whole softmod process again - just install a cIOS to slot 249
    :)

4. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Wanky's SaveGame Manager (the non GX version) may not work with the newer D2X cIOS's, although I have not tried yet.

An easier way is to enable the priiloader hack that allows you to copy all savegames. It will remove the restriction of only being able to copy offline playing games.