Savedata Backup Xenoblade

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Giodude, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Giodude
    OP

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Wow, this is an extremely unique scenario, and this is gonna be a mouthful, here it goes. About 2 months ago i downgraded my n3ds to the specs in my sig, but in the process i lost everything by deleting the registry files without making a backup. From then on i've been mostly ok with it. I didn't have too many important saves..........Except for xenoblade...... I put so many hours into that game, i was devastated that i couldn't restore it, but i found a solution. For christmas i received a 32gb sd card, and i copied all of my old 16 onto the 32, but i still have that 16 with all the files and junk. I could use the savedata backup 3dsx to backup my xenoblade save, and re-install it on my 32, that is until i tried it. If you're skipping all this plot i'll just put this in bold. Save Data backup 3dsx is not compatible with xenoblade. It just red screens. I try shovel knight and it works perfectly, so my question is this. Again in bold. Is there a way to backup xenoblade saves without using a cia? I would use a cia, but it would be so much of a hassle with the registry files getting save data backup and xenoblade on the console at the same time. thanks for reading my issue, or just skipping to the bold.

2. Giodude
    OP

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    WAIT! I might have done something awesome. Im in savedatafiler. How do i backup eshop games? all i see is tons of options but no game names or ids. How do i tell them apart? The first (long) question still stands too.

Last edited by Giodude, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Luglige

Luglige Resident Hell Spawn

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Hmmmm interesting question (please don't post twice just edit your Thread)

4. Giodude
    OP

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    i meant to edit sorry, and i had to do a lot of crazy shit but i think i did it. Mostly because xenoblade was corrupted on top of being not compatible. RIP me.