Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Klemzo said:
O_O Oh cmon! Wtf do they not implent that. So stupid ..
It was buggy, broken, could ruin things, unsupported by the Acekard team, and the AKAIO team didn't want to deal with the noobs that would have said "dis game dun work with the savestates!". There was much reason not too really add it. And besides, the AK2i is for playing games regularly, not being a sissy about it.

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Klemzo said:
It was buggy, broken, could ruin things, unsupported by the Acekard team, and the AKAIO team didn't want to deal with the noobs that would have said "dis game dun work with the savestates!". There was much reason not too really add it. And besides, the AK2i is for playing games regularly, not being a sissy about it.

Why was it buggy? Was it because the code to implement it was too large and they couldn't find a place for it or use overlays, was it timing issues on the capture, was it some issue with suspending the state of the ds that glitched games, were the save states too large and improper fat support caused corrupted writing, was it a problem with SD cards, and how does Acekard fit into it, is there something in the firmware that needs to be changed, ect ....

Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbatempfan1 said:
jurassicplayer said:
Klemzo said:

Why was it buggy? Was it because the code to implement it was too large and they couldn't find a place for it or use overlays, was it timing issues on the capture, was it some issue with suspending the state of the ds that glitched games, were the save states too large and improper fat support caused corrupted writing, was it a problem with SD cards, and how does Acekard fit into it, is there something in the firmware that needs to be changed, ect ....
Yes, tell us. We demand the truth and further investigation ... (see I sound smart now)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
gbatempfan1 said:
When I get my flux capacitor and finish my time machine to steal myself into the AKAIO beta team to test it, I'll tell you the specifics. Quite frankly, ALL RTS are buggy and you won't find one that doesn't have anything wrong with it. For the EZFlash, the team doesn't know a good way to re-enter for 3D type games, and thus the success rate on those sort of games is extremely low, whereas it does somewhat decent on 2D games. For the DSTWO, I noticed that it didn't like LovePlus when I wanted to test what happens when you reject a confession (and who knows what other games it may have problems with...though it's definitely one of the more stable ones). Real Time Save is just flat out a buggy thing to deal with. There are some 5000+ nds games out there and practically no full blanket cover for the function. You will get quite a few with one method, maybe a couple others with a different one, and even in my imagination, that sounds like a terrible thing to start up. I could be completely wrong about the blanket, and there could be some simple solution, but it's not like I would take the time to test every single game anyways...nor fix any broken ones...though SOMEBODY has to end up doing it...not like the world is made of coders who have the time and care enough to fix that sort of thing.
Summary:
-It's a hassle.
-It wouldn't be perfect anyways.
-Answer pending on flux capacitor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1