Save problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by mgarciai, Apr 30, 2010.

Apr 30, 2010

Save problem by mgarciai at 4:15 AM (781 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mgarciai
    OP

Newcomer mgarciai Newbie

United States
    So I found my fire linker around and decided to put pokemon on it for old times sake.
    I used sp link from the following site here

So when I turn on my game it works fine; however, there is a big problem with saving. It just wont save.
    Upon turning on the game, I get the following message: The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed.
    Additionally, when I try to save, I get the save fail error. Please

Anyone have any ideas? I think the problem lies with splink not allowing me to change the save type to 128 as opposed to 64 which its set at.
    Any help is appreciated please.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You either don't have a flashcart with 1M (that is 128KB) save space or you patched it with a SRAM patcher that doesn't support the pokemon save size.

From your last line, your flashcart doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game. your SOL.

And NO there is no software patch that will magically give you the extra hardware you need to play the game.

3. mgarciai
    OP

Newcomer mgarciai Newbie

United States
    However, from what I recall. I think I had sapphire on there before, and I know that saved properly. It's been a while since Ive played though.
    So I don't think its a space issue. Fired red isn't that different from sapphire.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Then you had it prepatched to run, your gonna have to dig up that prepatched rom or find the patches again.

5. mgarciai
    OP

Newcomer mgarciai Newbie

United States
    You're right! Now, I remember. Dang, I don't think I have it anymore. Oh well, I guess theres nothing I can do.