Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
We've been discussing setting up the server on its own host at https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/issues/45 .
It's just an Apache configuration so should be trivial anyway.
I have updated my patchers (mkw and the generic). They can not only patch images for Wiimmfi, they can patch also for ALTWFC. After patching BrainSlug or a cheat is no longer needed, but the DNS setting. If supporting a new domain name (not longer then "nintendowifi.net", i can easily change the patcher (must only add the option --domain=altwfc.com for example).

Reactions: Lerhein

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can easily add new domain names in USBLoaderGX internal domain patcher too.
If there is a user's demand, I can also allow the user to manually add its own domain in the loader and pick from a list when launching the game. it prevent physically patching the ISO and keeping multiple different ISO of the same game to play on different servers.

Currently, USBGX has a feature to patch only noSSL (https->http), and one to patch both noSSL and the domain (nintendowifi.net -> wiimmfi.de)
As long as the domain is not bigger than nintendowifi.net, it can be added to the loader's automatic patching.

the loader can only patch main.dol, I don't apply the patch on the encounter algorithm in mkwii.

Edit:
If you want, and if altwfc servers has a fixed domain name or IP, I can add it to USBLoaderGX domain patcher, users won't have to edit the DNS to use it.
Server IP is the same as DNS IP? (75.127.5.215)

Reactions: Lerhein

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone please help me? I did everything the step by step guide told me to do, but I just can't get brainslug to get my Brawl (disc) to connect. I've gotten my patched version of Brawl (external hard drive) to connect (didn't use any ocarina codes, just patched it using a simple patcher)
I'm using a 32 GB Lexar Platinum II SDHC card, and- Oh my, I seem to have answered my own question. Be right back while I test it with a 2 GB SD card...

*2 minutes and 37 seconds later*

Okay, so I put the files on my 2 GB SD card (the same SD I used to hack my Wii), and.... Damn it, it still won't work!

Which brings me back to my original problem. How can I get brainslug to get my game to connect???

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For using Dolphin on Wiimmfi you need to use your own NAND: The general Dolphin NAND (configuration) was banned because of too many cheaters.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an "official" place where we can talk to other members who have profiles on Wiimmfi. For example, I am looking for people to play Animal Crossing City Folk with. I see that there are 55 profiles for that game and I'd like to be able to talk to them so I can try and set up a time to play. I don't know if something like this is possible but it would be a great idea if you could click on the number of profiles for a certain game to get a list of everyone who has registered on these servers for that game and a way to get in contact with them whether it be a link to their email address or a link to a game specific forum.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with regards to my previous post, i'm currently using my own NAND backup with Dolphin and i'm still getting a 23915 error on Wiimmfi (When all I've done is to try and get on-line, no cheats enabled at all). :S

Whilst with the altwfc server, it's coming up with a 20110 error (like it doesn't exist anymore, as like with the actual WFC servers). :/

Games used: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (PAL), Mario Kart Wii (PAL) & Project M (NTSC-U)
Patchers Used: wiimmfi-patcher-v3 & mkw-wiimmfi-patcher-v3

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. got some questions for you:

I am technically a new member, and happened to find this thread when looking for a place to ask questions about a glitch in my homebrew DS game. anyway, nice work attempting (and by the looks of it, succeeding!) to get the WFC servers up again. one question though, it seems the patching methods only work for USB loader, of whic I don't have it (and don't want to use it.) is there a way to patch the game disc itself for connecting to the new server? (or do the 'inline' patching the 3DS does on wii?)

I also noticed something about a tool called Brainslug: is this the one to patch retail discs?

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi guys. got some questions for you:

I am technically a new member, and happened to find this thread when looking for a place to ask questions about a glitch in my homebrew DS game. anyway, nice work attempting (and by the looks of it, succeeding!) to get the WFC servers up again. one question though, it seems the patching methods only work for USB loader, of whic I don't have it (and don't want to use it.) is there a way to patch the game disc itself for connecting to the new server? (or do the 'inline' patching the 3DS does on wii?)

I also noticed something about a tool called Brainslug: is this the one to patch retail discs?
Yes

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd kindly like my enquiry answered please. Thanks :)

also, Just to add... when i now try to connect to the altwfc servers (via Dolphin) it goes into a constant loop, like it's taking time trying to look for something. :/

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍