Hacking Save Games on M3 Real

Sevenheartz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this was already thrown up somewhere, but I'm planning on buying an M3 Real (At Pacific Mall, for those who live in Toronto) and I was wondering: If you delete a ROM off the micro SD, will any saves go along with it as well? Or can you remove games, and later re-add them if you want to play and still have your saves from before? Thanks.

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you play a game on the M3, the actual game is the .nds file. When you load it up for the first time it creates 1-3 other files. .sav is the save file (as long as you keep this or return it back to your M3 when you put the game back on, you won't lose your save. I found it causes less problems if you also keep the other two files backed up along with the .sav. The other two are .opt and .cht. .opt will be created if and when you change any of the loading options for that game and the .cht file will be created if you do anything with the cheat menu for that game. So you should have this:

Game A.nds -- You can delete this and always re download it later or restore it from your game archive
Game A.sav --\
Game A.opt ----- These others you can either leave on the M3 (they don't take up much space) or you can just back them up on your computer and restore them whenever you put
Game A.cht --/......the game back on

Any further questions, feel free to ask.

Sevenheartz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users