Gaming save game help!

chris05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I could really use some help I have been trying to restore my saves from SX-Save_Manager to something like check point. the problem is check point is not working and it crashes in atmosphere and I need a way to convert my sves to one of the alternitives as SX-Save_Manager no longer seems to work it goes to a black screen in atmosphere and in XS OS it opens and then closes out. please help I have saves I want to bring back

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using JKSV

SX save manager only works on SX OS and not in atmosphere. Checkpoint is kind of obsolete at this point

chris05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using JKSV

SX save manager only works on SX OS and not in atmosphere. Checkpoint is kind of obsolete at this point
Okay thank you for that I'll start using the newer one in atmosphere however when I use SX OS it opens up and then closes. Is it looking for some connection or authentication since it seems the website is down. For SX OS is there any way around that like a DNS redirect or patch for first time load because I can easily once it's loaded restore all the saves and then back them up on the other newer save backup provided in SD builder with atmosphere

chris05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does any one have a posible fix I am willing to work with a dev to find a fix as I am sure I am not alone in this problem

Drifter7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can use checkpoint or JSKV on SX-OS to get your save backups and then restore them using JSKV or the Checkpoint 3.7.5 forked version (with title redirection, pressing R while launching any app, not from the album) on Atmosphere.

No need to use SX save manager at all.

chris05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use checkpoint or JSKV on SX-OS to get your save backups and then restore them using JSKV or the Checkpoint 3.7.5 forked version (with title redirection, pressing R while launching any app, not from the album) on Atmosphere.

No need to use SX save manager at all.
cool thanks what if I have all the saves under the sx save maniger and I backed them up to my computer and started over on my switch menory card is there a way I could to migrate them?

Drifter7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To be honest even when I was using SX-OS I had never used SX-Save Manager, I was always using Checkpoint...
So I'm not familiar with the way SX-Save Manager works, but if I had to guess I would say that it should be working in a similar fashion to the others. The save files should be the same, unless sx converts them in some way, which I hope is not the case...

You can use checkpoint once on your new sd card with atmosphere, so that it will create directories (sd:/switch/checkpoint/saves) for the games than you have installed/played, and then copy-paste the save files from your pc backup to the corresponding checkpoint folder for each game, and then try restoring them through checkpoint. I'd say it's worth a try.

chris05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll give it a try and post the results I'll also be checking file structure between both sets to see if there is any difference and even post samples if I see a difference so maybe someone out there can analyze it maybe we can come up with a converter.

To be honest even when I was using SX-OS I had never used SX-Save Manager, I was always using Checkpoint...
So I'm not familiar with the way SX-Save Manager works, but if I had to guess I would say that it should be working in a similar fashion to the others. The save files should be the same, unless sx converts them in some way, which I hope is not the case...

You can use checkpoint once on your new sd card with atmosphere, so that it will create directories (sd:/switch/checkpoint/saves) for the games than you have installed/played, and then copy-paste the save files from your pc backup to the corresponding checkpoint folder for each game, and then try restoring them through checkpoint. I'd say it's worth a try.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll give it a try and post the results I'll also be checking file structure between both sets to see if there is any difference and even post samples if I see a difference so maybe someone out there can analyze it maybe we can come up with a converter.
Don't know if any developer is willing to support any SX-related tools.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    do you look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    why do your friends look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
    they dont it's just that they saw the outside of my mouse and said it was disgusting
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    oh wait I understand my braincells have increased
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    by 1
    Gift
    funnily enough when i was telling my openly femboy furry bf and my friend(we talk about femboys sometimes) they said "nope we don't wanna hear that that's disgusting"
    Gift
    why is cheeto dust of all things
    the subject that crosses the line
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
    i dont think it does
    Gift
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
    J @ Jephter: Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but...