Save file problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Evansama, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Evansama
    OP

Evansama Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2009
    Hi

Wondering if the forums can help me with a problem. My card won't load any save files which I've saved as back ups on my computer and loaded onto the card, so every time I start a game i need to make new saves for it. The new saves work but the back ups i made won't run. I recently loaded moonshell onto it but deleted because I didn't really need to use it. I also recently switched to akaio from the official firmware. My acekard is a version 2.1 batch if thats any help (probably not). I'm pissed off at it because I nearly finished Zelda and was up to the last battle. So if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Evan

2. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    We need more info. How did you make your original save files? What version of AKAIO are you using?

Off the top of my head solutions: If you're going from the official firmware to AKAIO and that's when your problems started, check and see if your old saves are *.nds.sav files while the new files are *.sav files. Go into AKAIO and change the savefile extensions setting from *.nds.sav to just *.sav. Rename your old files and you should be good to go.

Official firmware default savefiles are *.nds.sav while AKAIO is *.sav (to match just about everyone else)

3. Evansama
    OP

Evansama Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2009
    My files are saved as nds.save so I think thats my problem. Just tryed and works fine now. I feel like such a noob. : (

Thanks for the help