Hacking Save file corruption solution

Mentalpants

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had AKAIO 1.5 with a 8gb sdhc card and a lot of my saves were getting corrupted seemingly randomly. I noticed that 4kb seemed to be randomly added to lots of my.sav files and thought I'd check them with a hex editor. It looks as if random bytes are being flung into the last 4kb of these corrupted save files, the source of this probably being the AKAIO system itself, (on one file I had the luck of seeing text from the AKAIO menu being dumped into this part of the save).

Anyway the solution in these cases is to get a text editor and delete all these extra bits, get something like Neo Hex Editor (XVI32 wouldn't actually open the file for my .sav's for some reason) and delete the extra bytes. The raw .sav files I have looked so far should end all in 00000000000 at the end, corrupted savs would have random numbers after this, which can help you see where you should trim from. In the case of 512kb .sav files for example you will have to trim from hex address 80000 to the end.

Unfortunately if your game has automatically deleted your corrupted save your already out of luck
frown.gif

Hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in the same position I was in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1