Hacking Save file converter - back to SC/M3?

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My R4 should arrive tomorrow or the next day, but in the meantime I've got a question that has been kind of bugging me lately.

Will I be able to convert my save games from the R4 back to SC saves? The reason I ask is that I'd like to be able to use a couple of save game editors (ACWW, Nintendogs, etc) but those programs require SC save files - they won't work with the R4's saves. So, is there a converter that will switch my R4 saves back to a format my SC can use?

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you could download "R4DS archive conversion" at its official site by link: http://www.r4ds.net/other-2.htm

You got to read before answering. It's the least one can do.

And no...the current convertor only works one way. You can try downloading it. The output specs only allow 1 file format.

Thanks for the reply, but I actually found a solution that works - in case anyone else is interested:

Use this tool to trim the R4 .sav back down to 256K (Supercard size) and then the trainer/sav editors will work. When you're done, just re-convert to R4/M3 size using the converters available for those cards.

mavis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
trim from beginning or end?

nice solution.

From the end, just cut it back to 256K.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum