Hacking Save corruptions

Emuboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay this problem happened recently, most of the games i put on the dstt won't save properly. When you load it it says the save file is corrupted. Even the games which never used to corrupt before corrupt now like D/P, Jump ultumate stars,Twewy and tons of others. Although some still work like mario kart and super robot taisen I treid the following things but it still doesn't work:

Reformatting with Panosonic formatter
Changing the rom file name
Updating the savelib and infolib
updating firmware to 1.17
"Safely removing harware"
Putting games in seperate folders

I have a 4gb sd kingston

I looked around and there are other people with the same problem but there weren' t any solutions posted. Iam pretty sure mine is not a fake since 1.17 been working for a long time now without killing it.

Can you help me?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You may have a bad card reader or microSD card. But to eliminate other possibilities, follow the directions in the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum under "My DSTT used to work but now it doesn't" carefully, paying special attention to the last step.

BTW, the fact that 1.17 has worked for a long time is no guarantee that yours isn't fake. You should use the fake-killer disabled firmware regardless.

-Bri

Emuboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it seems that i have to buy a new sd cad and reader since my dstt is new and replaced because i got a fake one before. I checked and this one is real.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not particularly likely that you'd need a new microSD card or reader if they were working before. It is even less likely that you need both. Which is why I said to eliminate other possibilities first.

A corrupt microSD card is usually caused by not using the "safely remove hardware" utility, by not formatting your microSD card correctly, or some other user error. Did you follow the directions in the FAQ?

-Bri

rwspark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you checked to see if it was real did you use the program or look at the hardware inside? If you didn't run the checker, you may want to do that.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really matter if it's real or fake unless it has actually been destroyed by the fake-killer firmware. Otherwise, always use the unofficial (fake-killer removed) firmware whether you have a real or fake DSTT. There is no advantage whatsoever to the official firmware at this point -- the unofficial has better game compatibility and no chance of destroying your flash cart.

-Bri

Emuboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did use the checker and it says Good but i still don't see what the problem is. This only happened after i tried pokemon platinum without the 1mb savelib and it corupted which then made other games corrupt as well like d/p which never used to do that before.I'll try a new dst card and if that doesn't work i will get a new microsd cause this problem is pissing me off(not letting me play 3/4 of my games and most of them are good games!

Emuboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i have enough space left(about 500Mb) and i did follow the faq, i took it back to the store and iam getting it replaced soon. But i still didn't see what the problem was in the first place..

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: Try another DS. If possible.
STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
STEP 8: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card.

Emuboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i got a new ttds but my luck did not get any better with some games(platinum, D/p) well atleast some other games started working

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Read the FAQ concerning platinum (it requires a 1MB save file).

Did you install the 1.17a02 unofficial menu? It should work properly with Platinum (but may not work properly if you already have a 512KB save file).

-Bri

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Panic101 said:
STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own.
unless u use the one that comes with the r4 that one lasted me 2 years so far and hasn't corrupted my card once works great

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
Panic101 said:
unless u use the one that comes with the r4 that one lasted me 2 years so far and hasn't corrupted my card once works great
i haven't had my dstt long but the little micro sd reader that came with it seems to work a lot better than my sd card reader with the full size sd card adapter on the micro sd.

Emuboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the 1.17a02 but still no luck. Ill try to get a new sd card to see if it works and a new reader but that will have to wait until i save up on money. Atleast some games work most of the time now. (jus, megaman starforce) but still no luck with pokemon,twewy,avalon code, digimon world, newer games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]