.sav Problems on ToI

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by IIISabataIII, Nov 23, 2010.

Nov 23, 2010

.sav Problems on ToI by IIISabataIII at 12:18 AM (978 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. IIISabataIII
    OP

Newcomer IIISabataIII Newbie

United States
    Hello all!

This is my very first post, both on this site and.... anywhere else ^^;
    Anyways, I'll try to keep on topic-
    I started playing Tales of Innocence w/ the AbsoluteZero patch (Game works perfectly fine so far) on my Acekard 2i and for some reason my .sav file from my emulator won't load on the game (I already read up on making sure they are matching files, etc.) . And for some reason, when I try to save, it saves, but when I try to save again, it deletes itself. Everything else -on my acekard- saves/ loads fine...
    I just got my Acekard a week ago and as this is my first flashcart in general, I am very new to this.
    Searching through the forums got me nowhere. I really didn't want to ask but as I said, I searched to no avail.. Please help! I would really appreciate it..

P.S.- Please be kind. I know I am new to this, but we all start somewhere, right? ^^;

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Let me understand this. You're taking your PC save file and then putting it directly on your Acekard without converting your save?

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    What firmware?

4. IIISabataIII
    OP

United States
    Okay, so I tried to use the save I
    used from my emulator, but it didn't work. I then decided to restart the game.. When I try saving it saves like it would normally on any rom, but then I realize that it didn't really "save". In other words, when I go back to the save screen, all save slots are empty, even when I choose to save 2 seconds later.. The game says it saves without actually doing so. I just found out that my phantasy star 0 rom has this same problem... And also, my AKAIO is at 1.8 I believe

5. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Generally speaking, AKAIO does not accept straight PC emulator save files. First delete the old save files from your msd card. Start the games in question. See if you can save and restart the games with the new save files.

I think that perhaps when you're using PC files on the msd, the game may be having problems writing correctly. Like writing a 256k save to a 512b file, or how the data should be read/written on a msd vs PC.

6. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    I remember reading somewhere that AKAIO saves require/use a 16-bit header.

7. IIISabataIII
    OP

United States
    Hmm.... Well, I tried disabling the cheat feature.. That worked for some reason.
    Anyone know why? :wtf:;

8. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Because even the game thinks you should take it like a man? Does it really matter why it worked xD?

9. IIISabataIII
    OP

United States
    xD... True. Well, I'm glad I can play it now. It was one of the main reasons for buying the AceKard in the first place.
    Thank you very much guys. [​IMG]