Saturn on PS4 Saturn-FPKG

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh, looks like I was going to get cotton reboot. I see the saturn cotton 2 on the eshop now.
I've had that game in my basket so many times but I keep waiting to pull the trigger in case someone dumps it the next day. Cotton is one of my favourite franchises of all time so I really should just buy it. I wonder if the PS4 version is any different to the Switch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had that game in my basket so many times but I keep waiting to pull the trigger in case someone dumps it the next day. Cotton is one of my favourite franchises of all time so I really should just buy it. I wonder if the PS4 version is any different to the Switch.
it's one of the smallest games on the ps1 at like 40-something MBs.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two PS4s on lower firmwares still but considering updating to 9.0 because backports are happening kinda slow. There's no simple backport tool on 9.0 and all of the backports are complicated so it takes the best like opoisso or cyber to backport games not many others can do it, so it could be months before all games are backported or even longer than that.
What's the main reason for the complexity for backporting? Can some of the process be automated to produce fewer errors, etc.?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the main reason for the complexity for backporting? Can some of the process be automated to produce fewer errors, etc.?
it's an sdk issue mostly, that certain flags and whatnot using newer sdk's, so you can't just jumble all games with one set of instructions. if that worked, you wouldn't need config files for ps2 games, and people wouldn't have to move on from sx os on the switch. that's why I don't believe that mira vnext can do what it claims, which is making backporting obsolete, as not all games are backported using the same methods.

Reactions: Mo Poge

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O man when I heard this I ran too see what games I got. Will it do iso files? Cuz I got Radiant Silvergun and want that badly

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're on 9.0 correct? They need backports for lower firmwares.
Yes I am on 9.0
2-D8-C6852-87-C7-48-A9-A027-5-E82-FFFE91-FE.jpg

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried everything. I can’t get it to work. Can you send/upload it to me please?
Obtain the bin/cue files, if there is more than one "track", run them through CDmage to create a single bin/cue. Then use that with the converter. EVERY game that works on the Switch, runs on PS4. Along with every issue, such as Three Dirty Dwarves having the same can't start game bug (And yes, when you level select and try and start a stage, the whole game crashes after loading it).

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I normally do that for other devices, but it's not needed here as multiple bins work fine.
Ah, I had an issue with a couple games (Astal and Earthworm Jim 2) that when I remade them as single bin/cue, they worked. Might've been a fluke? The PKG maker has crashed my PC a few times if I close it and open it several times, fixed that by just leaving it open lol. But I can confirm that Radiant Silvergun does work, although the input lag makes this one harder than it already is lol

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have issues trying to use the save state feature? I know that using the 4mb ram cartridge will crash games when trying to use a save state but even when I use other games with 1mb, backup or no ram cartridge they still crash using this feature.

EDIT: I just tried the european version of clockwork knight 2 and save stating worked. I guess usa roms aren't compatible with this version of the emulator.

Last edited by AfroJackX,

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have issues trying to use the save state feature? I know that using the 4mb ram cartridge will crash games when trying to use a save state but even when I use other games with 1mb, backup or no ram cartridge they still crash using this feature.

EDIT: I just tried the european version of clockwork knight 2 and save stating worked. I guess usa roms aren't compatible with this version of the emulator.
Oh boy, that just isn't true lol while yes, 4MB game save states have been broken since the switch version of this emu, but for your USA game theory, that would be incorrect all of my titles are NTSC-U/J and I will only use Euro if there is literally no other option. All of my games game saves work, all built use the 1mb option. In fact, I just created a save on Guardian heroes (NTSC-U) just before the last couple final battles and it works perfectly. Not sure what's going wrong on your end.

Last edited by Rikua,
Reactions: AfroJackX

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, that just isn't true lol while yes, 4MB game save states have been broken since the switch version of this emu, but for your USA game theory, that would be incorrect all of my titles are NTSC-U/J and I will only use Euro if there is literally no other option. All of my games game saves work, all built use the 1mb option. In fact, I just created a save on Guardian heroes (NTSC-U) just before the last couple final battles and it works perfectly. Not sure what's going wrong on your end.

I can create in game saves with all of my games but not a save state in the options menu of the emulator. That crashes the entire game and gives me a CE-34878-0 error. However, I think I have an idea of what might be causing the crashes. I combined the track bins into a single bin for all of the usa games and if I remember correctly, I don't think that I did that for the pal version of clockwork knight 2. Are your games in a combined bin or multiple track bins?

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can create in game saves with all of my games but not a save state in the options menu of the emulator. That crashes the entire game and gives me a CE-34878-0 error. However, I think I have an idea of what might be causing the crashes. I combined the track bins into a single bin for all of the usa games and if I remember correctly, I don't think that I did that for the pal version of clockwork knight 2. Are your games in a combined bin or multiple track bins?
I actually combined mine due to having errors on a couple games that work (Astal/EJ2) and those fixed it, so I decided to combine all them all with CDmage like I did for the Switch nsps I made, and no more issue. It sounds like that could be the issue.

Reactions: AfroJackX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: