Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Btw, I have been trying Dark Saviour but there are several slow-downs, both in graphics and music, and even overclocking it didn't make a serious difference.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Has anyone checked the PS4 texture? For some reason it hides the menu altogether when you remove the Option tile. It seems the same texture as the Switch version, but something must be different. Maybe the size, bit depth or other attribute.

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Has anyone checked the PS4 texture? For some reason it hides the menu altogether when you remove the Option tile. It seems the same texture as the Switch version, but something must be different. Maybe the size, bit depth or other attribute.
The switch texture file is smaller than PS4 in terms of resolution, so the placement of the textures aren't the same. You can remove the header before %PNG and you can edit them in photoshop.

Last edited by xYuunax,

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Weird, I was actually editing the original PS4 file, removing only the Option tiles. And still it screwed the menu. I guess it was a matter of file size, I didn't try again.

But Jabu, they guy that did the automatized packer, included the option to edit the texture and it seems to work fine.

Reactions: xYuunax

thejackburton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are several ways to add them but all of them are added in a folder called RomFS
everything you replace there will be reflected in the game
you need a fully decrypted NSP of the game you plan to inject on
or colleect the files shared in here and replace, they are already decrypted
would you put the .tex file in the romfs folder? I have been searching throughout and reading the thread but I am still a bit confused on how to get the custom overlay or side images as well as the main game title image to work.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo i am on disc 2 of shining force 3 and man it works great on a switch running android

I sincerely just wanted to let my fellow switch owners know you can totally use android to play it on your switch and it runs much better than ssf. just saying.

man took a look at multi disc situation on ps4 for the games that allow you to save cool cool i am happy to see more info. but for those that don't save making a save state didn't help on ps4

it's called

Jikuu Tantei DD (Dracula Detective): Maboroshi no Lorelei

i guess add it to the list. fun times!

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That makes sense. I edited the ini file before running the script now the emulator runs my widescreen-patched copy of sega rally without any noticeable slowdown.

View attachment 290182
View attachment 290183
How did you get this full screen? I lose the very bottom of the screen on Sega Rally which is annoying as you can't see the gear indicator. I tried with the specified config file from the spreadsheet as well as the generic one. Any help is much appreciated.

TOG914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you get this full screen? I lose the very bottom of the screen on Sega Rally which is annoying as you can't see the gear indicator. I tried with the specified config file from the spreadsheet as well as the generic one. Any help is much appreciated.
I'm not sure what I did differently. I used the anamorphic widescreen patched version of Sega Rally Netlink Edition I found here: "https://segaxtreme.net/threads/screeen-resolution-hacks.24034/page-6" and I set the widescreen option to "1" in the config file before I ran the script.

1642280443730.png

Reactions: Zomorph

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: TOG914

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone ever find a way of activating the multi-tap in the config settings for games like Bomberman and Death Tank? This would be amazing

chobochobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Interesting. So my obsession of sorts is Baku Baku Animal but it's been a while since I've played with my Switch. I tried it again just now and the music is distorted as usual, so I tried to get into overclock mode but I'd forgotten how to. It seems to be L+D pad down+right joypad in, right? It doesn't seem to work, it just makes 'Slow Mode' engage. I can't get the Tesla menu to come up anymore. The intriguing thing is that although the game is a bit slower, the music is actually okay. Weird.

So help please - any reason why sys-clk Tesla doesn't work anymore please? I haven't updated anything. In fact, my firmware (12.1) is stopping me from playing more recent games.

Reactions: Thorhax

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. So my obsession of sorts is Baku Baku Animal but it's been a while since I've played with my Switch. I tried it again just now and the music is distorted as usual, so I tried to get into overclock mode but I'd forgotten how to. It seems to be L+D pad down+right joypad in, right? It doesn't seem to work, it just makes 'Slow Mode' engage. I can't get the Tesla menu to come up anymore. The intriguing thing is that although the game is a bit slower, the music is actually okay. Weird.

So help please - any reason why sys-clk Tesla doesn't work anymore please? I haven't updated anything. In fact, my firmware (12.1) is stopping me from playing more recent games.
I dunno what you did to your setup, but here is my guide on how to setup tesla menu for overclocking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?