Great tutorial, thanks! I’ve never really had any major issues with Saturn_2_NSP_v1.2—well, a few minor ones—but overall, I've been able to get all my games running smoothly (aside from the fact that most run better when overclocked). I even got the latest Castlevania SOTN (Ultimate) and Princess Crown working without a hitch. So, I’m mainly interested in version 1.3 as a backup. If you manage to get a successful NSP working with it, let me know!
Post automatically merged:
Hey @princessvini , thanks for sharing your method—really appreciate you laying it out.
I want to test this myself and was wondering if it could be simplified a bit. Would this work just as well?
Create NSP for Disc 1 → Play → Save
Create NSP for Disc 2 → Launch once → Quit
Use JKSV to dump Disc 1’s save
Inject Disc 1’s save into Disc 2’s save folder using JKSV
Launch Disc 2 → Continue your game
Not trying to question your approach—just exploring the cleanest way to get it working.
It is confirmed that as you said, if you use the 1.0 patch, it can run well. However, if you use the 1.1 patch, after debugging, you can only get an error warning or a black screen.
It's not that version 1.1 can't be made into an NSP; it's just that there are issues with its operation. As I mentioned before, this emulator is an incomplete version of the SSF, and many features aren't implemented, such as the inability to access BIOS files. We're also unclear about the changes made to the ROM in the 1.1 patch, so compatibility issues aren't ruled out, and we might even need to tweak the config files for testing. Honestly, this could take a long time, and there's a chance the game won't run at all due to the emulator's inherent incompleteness.
By the way, regarding the issue you mentioned in your previous post about needing to export and import save files using JKSV for a multi-disc game, this isn't necessary. Simply create an NSP file with the same title ID for each disc. After completing the first disc's game content, delete the game and install the second disc's content. The game will automatically inherit the previous save file.
You used Team Medusa’s version 1.0 patch, right?
Not the latest release?
And you managed to get the PSP English voices working? That’s awesome!
What settings did you use for Saturn2NSP?
(e.g. 4MB RAM expansion, widescreen support, etc.)
Also, does Saturn2NSP v3 have an option to disable the Cotton menu screen from always appearing?
I know that option exists in Saturn2NSP v2, but I haven’t seen it in v3.
Yes it is version 1.0, this romhack is the one with English voice acting pulled from the PSP version!
The v1.3 of Saturn2NSP only really has two options and that's if you want to use the 4MB Ram Expansion and if you want widescreen. For this game I used the 4MB expansion (I think it might need it?) and kept widescreen off. I personally don't Like how games can be stretched by it and without the option to turn off the emulator menu, with widescreen on the menu blocks some of the screen. Because yeah that's the unfortunate part about v1.3 is there is no option to turn off the menu, which I'm not sure why not. It's unfortunate because v1.2 is not an option for me
Yes it is version 1.0, this romhack is the one with English voice acting pulled from the PSP version!
The v1.3 of Saturn2NSP only really has two options and that's if you want to use the 4MB Ram Expansion and if you want widescreen. For this game I used the 4MB expansion (I think it might need it?) and kept widescreen off. I personally don't Like how games can be stretched by it and without the option to turn off the emulator menu, with widescreen on the menu blocks some of the screen. Because yeah that's the unfortunate part about v1.3 is there is no option to turn off the menu, which I'm not sure why not. It's unfortunate because v1.2 is not an option for me
Yes it is version 1.0, this romhack is the one with English voice acting pulled from the PSP version!
The v1.3 of Saturn2NSP only really has two options and that's if you want to use the 4MB Ram Expansion and if you want widescreen. For this game I used the 4MB expansion (I think it might need it?) and kept widescreen off. I personally don't Like how games can be stretched by it and without the option to turn off the emulator menu, with widescreen on the menu blocks some of the screen. Because yeah that's the unfortunate part about v1.3 is there is no option to turn off the menu, which I'm not sure why not. It's unfortunate because v1.2 is not an option for me
As I was typing this and taking a photo of the menu screen, after about 5 to 10 minutes, a loud voice suddenly started talking — scared the hell out of me!
I don’t think anyone’s ever discovered this before. Maybe people found the voice lines through hacking, but probably assumed they were unused assets…
It honestly sounded like young Maria!
As I was typing this and taking a photo of the menu screen, after about 5 to 10 minutes, a loud voice suddenly started talking — scared the hell out of me!
I don’t think anyone’s ever discovered this before. Maybe people found the voice lines through hacking, but probably assumed they were unused assets…
It honestly sounded like young Maria!
Dude the exact same thing happened to me while I was typing out my report earlier! I was gonna try looking up if anyone knows about it but haven't gotten around to it yet. lol that's funny the same thing happened to you. But I guess that's one voice line that either never got translated or the Team Medusa who made the rom hacked missed it, unsure.
Hey guys, I have some good news. I made some changes to saturn2nsp V1.3, and now it is possible to remove the menu icon in the lower left corner when in widescreen mode. If you want to try it, I can share it with you.
Hey guys, I have some good news. I made some changes to saturn2nsp V1.3, and now it is possible to remove the menu icon in the lower left corner when in widescreen mode. If you want to try it, I can share it with you.
So quite a while ago, I was successful in porting Sonic 3D Blast to my Nintendo Switch, but these days, for some reason after I unintentionally deleted it from the console, I've been suddenly having great difficulty getting the game back on.
I've tried multiple methods, including injecting it into one of the Cotton games and making a standalone version of the game, but nothing seems to be working. What is everyone using to install a Sega Saturn game these days?
I have a slight feeling I might need to get the sigpatches updated here, though with the fact I updated my Switch firmware to 20.0.3 and updated Lockpick to version 1.9.15, something just isn't adding up on my end.
Anyway, can someone please help me out? I'm hoping I can play Sonic 3D Blast on it again in the not-too-distant future.
This is just a fix for some issues with saturn2nsp v1.3. Perhaps someone needs this functionality, so I'm sharing it with everyone for testing. However, it's important to note that since this is just a test version, I haven't made any thorough changes. Just select "cotton2.nsp" in the "select emu" option. I also hope everyone can provide feedback after testing. https://mega.nz/file/rZ11ybLI#C_TA5ft6bHYDThbwalF6X1tFpgD50ZmHwuWEvOwt3iU
So quite a while ago, I was successful in porting Sonic 3D Blast to my Nintendo Switch, but these days, for some reason after I unintentionally deleted it from the console, I've been suddenly having great difficulty getting the game back on.
I've tried multiple methods, including injecting it into one of the Cotton games and making a standalone version of the game, but nothing seems to be working. What is everyone using to install a Sega Saturn game these days?
I have a slight feeling I might need to get the sigpatches updated here, though with the fact I updated my Switch firmware to 20.0.3 and updated Lockpick to version 1.9.15, something just isn't adding up on my end.
Anyway, can someone please help me out? I'm hoping I can play Sonic 3D Blast on it again in the not-too-distant future.
This is just a fix for some issues with saturn2nsp v1.3. Perhaps someone needs this functionality, so I'm sharing it with everyone for testing. However, it's important to note that since this is just a test version, I haven't made any thorough changes. Just select "cotton2.nsp" in the "select emu" option. I also hope everyone can provide feedback after testing. https://mega.nz/file/rZ11ybLI#C_TA5ft6bHYDThbwalF6X1tFpgD50ZmHwuWEvOwt3iU
Post automatically merged:
Is this the game? I used saturn2nsp to make a test, and it ran fine, with no lag or popping sounds. You can also try making it.
Hey guys, I have some good news. I made some changes to saturn2nsp V1.3, and now it is possible to remove the menu icon in the lower left corner when in widescreen mode. If you want to try it, I can share it with you.
Yes, just select "cotton2.nsp" and the display effect will also apply to the original aspect ratio. In addition, I don't know how the effect is when you use it, can you tell me about it?
I really wish the voids were resolved in our "Ultimate" version. That said, this list suggests that one—or possibly several—of these features might be triggering the crash on the Switch version. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd point to "CPU frequency" as the likely culprit.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...