SaltySD help (Pokemon Sun).

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ThePokeSpectre, Jul 2, 2017.

1. ThePokeSpectre
    OP

ThePokeSpectre Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2017
    New Zealand
    Hey to who ever is reading.
    I've used SaltySD before in the past (on the same 3DS) to randomise Pokemon Sun. But I accidentally updated Sun to Ver 1.2, with now the only thing working is having no outlines.

My Luma is on V8.0 by the way.

Thanks.

2. Zowsk

Zowsk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Make sure you have the 1.2 SaltySD patch in your luma file. You might be using the old 1.1 if you've updated and not put any new files in. I had the opposite problem wherein I had the 1.2 patch but my game was 1.1, I now nearly have everything working after updating. I don't have a link but it's easy enough to find!

3. TheMachinumps

TheMachinumps <insert custom title here>

Oct 31, 2016
    Portugal
    yes
    You don't need SaltySD any more, luma as a built in LayeredFS feature. This means you can just put your files inside "luma/titles/[TITLE ID]/romfs/[the files you want to modify, works just like SaltySD]".
    I believe that's how you do it, and that's how simple it is. You don't need any code.bin file. (you can use one if you want though, but I'm not sure if you put it inside a "exefs" folder, or if it is directly inside the title folder).

EDIT: If you want the "code.bin", make sure it's from the update you have installed. The latest update should be 1.2, so that's the one you will need.

Last edited by TheMachinumps, Jul 13, 2017