insidexdeath

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced new Smash Bros. games for Wii U and 3DS at E3 2011. This was an unprecedented announcement for the company. Never before have two Smash Bros. projects been developed concurrently, nor has any game in the series graced a handheld system.
Unfortunately, it sounds like it’ll take quite some time before either title is released.
Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai indicated in a Nintendo Power interview that he had not yet formed an official team to work on the games. He said that development “may take a while”.
Sakurai told the magazine:
“I can’t really say anything until things settle down with Kid Icarus… And a lot of it will depend on the team that I end up assembling for Smash Bros. It may take a while, but I think that your patience will be rewarded.”
This probably isn’t what Smash Bros. fans would like to hear, but it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Sakurai has previously stated that the sole purpose of revealing the Smash Bros. games last June was to assemble developers for the future.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/81123/sakurai-next-smash-bros-games-could-take-a-while-patience-will-be-rewarded/

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii version took 4 years to develop, so it's safe to assume it'll be ready in four years from now. They have barely touched the surface at all.
Nah, Brawl's development started October 2005, so that's a little less than 2 1/2 years.
The next Smash probably won't begin development until after Kid Icarus is released, so I'd guess the next Smash will come at the end of 2014.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Wii version took 4 years to develop, so it's safe to assume it'll be ready in four years from now. They have barely touched the surface at all.
Nah, Brawl's development started October 2005, so that's a little less than 2 1/2 years.
The next Smash probably won't begin development until after Kid Icarus is released, so I'd guess the next Smash will come at the end of 2014.
You're right, I just followed up on the story on wikipedia.

At the pre-E3 2005 press conference, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced that the next installment of Super Smash Bros. was soon to be in development for its next console and would be a launch title with Wi-Fi compatibility for online play.The announcement was a surprise to Sakurai, who left HAL Laboratory in 2003. He was not informed of Nintendo's intent to release another Smash Bros. game, despite the fact that Iwata told Sakurai shortly after his resignation from HAL that if a new Smash game was to be developed, he would want Sakurai to again serve as director. It was not until after the conference that Iwata requested that Sakurai hold a private meeting with him, where he was asked to be involved as Brawl's director. Sakurai agreed to become director, and development of the game began in October 2005

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This the Versus XIII for Ninty fanboys.

This existed before Versus, so I'm not really getting your point here.
you don't get it ? versus 13 was anounced at E3 2006 along with XIII and type-0 and it's is still in development so what he is refering is that the next ssb will take a long time to develop

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost hope in any future smash games until it becomes hackable and has potential as a project to be something even greater with hacks. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Melee.

By the way, I'm part of the Project: M group. If anyone has any questions, let me know. Its a Brawl hack made to play like Melee (advance techniques are back such as wavedashing, dash dancing, Lcanceling, ledge canceling, double jump cancels.. etc etc)

inb4justgoplaymeleecuzimtoodumbtounderstand.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I lost hope in any future smash games until it becomes hackable and has potential as a project to be something even greater with hacks. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Melee.

By the way, I'm part of the Project: M group. If anyone has any questions, let me know. Its a Brawl hack made to play like Melee (advance techniques are back such as wavedashing, dash dancing, Lcanceling, ledge canceling, double jump cancels.. etc etc)

Why did you screw up all the characters, you pretentious asses?

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timeline:

Announced (2011)-------------------E3 Trailer (2013)---------------------2014 (Given Release Date @ E3)---------------------Delayed (2015)---------------------Released (201Kidding! DELAY)----------(Sakurai Quits making games & retires to uncharted Island)------------(2020 Released after legal battle w/Sakurai)

Reactions: 2 people

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because Melee.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Because Melee.
I see.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

NICE, I thought the production of the hack was halted. Good to see it's still alive. I'd like to know if it'll get released this year?

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Demo version 2 will be released this year in Q1. We don't say much about the project but its always active. Some days we get a lot done, some days we get little done; but, something is always being worked on.

It'll be much better than Demo 1 because you get more characters, updated codes, more mechanics, more stages, feels much more like Melee, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol