Gaming Saitek Cyborg Rumble Pad for 360/PC

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just saw this 3rd party pad from Saitek for the 360 at Play-Asia; notable because you can rotate the left stick and the d-pad to make it resemble a DualShock controller. Not sure what I mean?

pa.148030.2.jpg

Is anyone familiar with this pad? I kinda want to buy one, but I'm curious as to if it just switches the location of the stick and d-pad, or if it switches functions as well. For example, in Gears of War, you switch weapons using the d-pad. If you got the Cyborg pad and swapped the locations of the left stick and d-pad, would it make you switch weapons with the left stick?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wow, that's pretty cool! I would assume that once you flip them around, the functions remain the same... so if before you had to move with the analog stick and you flip it, now you have to move with the d-pad.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A cool idea. I'd almost be interested in getting one, but I have no idea how good/bad the pad is without considering the gimmick.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
War said:
I would assume that once you flip them around, the functions remain the same... so if before you had to move with the analog stick and you flip it, now you have to move with the d-pad.

depending on the game that might be a good thing. i would prefer it if i could play burnout paradise with the dpad.

in most games especially fps's, the stick generally needs to be pushed straight up to move forward. i've found the 360 controller to be more comfortable for this.

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tbgtbg said:
A cool idea. I'd almost be interested in getting one, but I have no idea how good/bad the pad is without considering the gimmick.

Well, Saitek makes them. While I don't think the quality matches a solid Hori controller, it probably wipes the floor with anything from Intec or Madcatz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1