Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
198.jpg

A third Saints Row game is we've been waiting to be announced for quite a while. It was clearly coming eventually; THQ is fully behind the franchise, as evidenced by the production of a movie adaptation. The new game was officially revealed today as Saints Row: The Third.

The Third again puts you in a position of control over the Saints gang, which is dominating the city of Stilwater. The game will take you beyond Stilwater to a new city, but it's currently unknown if you'll be able to visit both locations or just the new one.

"Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organization," said THQ VP Danny Bilson in a press release. "There's no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm."

Not many details about the game were offered -- it'll be featured as the cover story of Game Informer's April issue. It's suggested that the game will be just as over-the-top (if not more so) than its predecessors, which is good to hear. That charm is what really set Saints Row apart from Grand Theft Auto.
[/p]

Source

One can only say fuck yes. Saint's Row is amazing, it's like GTA but not boring. Plus it's hilarious and just awesome in general. Can't wait for the third one, if they can just work out the kinks with SR2 and add more stuff then I'll be happy.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NO thank you

- then again i'm not a huge fan of Sand Box games; not trolling or anything, but GTA will only sell for me since you get into the story and such

still, it can be fun to play these as well, i suppose ThQ poured a lot of work into this one, have to wait and see.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
NO thank you

- then again i'm not a huge fan of Sand Box games; not trolling or anything, but GTA will only sell for me since you get into the story and such

Well Saint's Row basically played off that GTA is full of boring filler missions and a "serious" storyline so they just made a game that involves constant action in every mission and a pretty batshit insane storyline. Well, you know, you're guy is just a giant bad ass and kills all the other gangs because he's pro. I mean the first mission of a GTA game is typical "DRIVE ME HERE" stuff. First mission of Saint's Row 2? Break out of an island prison on a boat and shoot down helicopters.

Personally I just find Saint's Row to be much more fun than GTA.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i never said it wasn't fun
smile.gif
(check the last line)

but i will be honest, i never completed saints row 2, just used to mess around a lot
smile.gif

then again i hope with this they got the right mix of fun / seriousness so to say.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Meh...Never played any of the games...

The way I see it between Saints Row and GTA is this:

GTA: More realistic, more serious (For the most part)
Saints Row: More fun/over-the-top, better storyline (From what I've heard)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TDWP FTW said:
Meh...Never played any of the games...

The way I see it between Saints Row and GTA is this:

GTA: More realistic, more serious (For the most part)
Saints Row: More fun/over-the-top, better storyline (From what I've heard)

I'll say this, nobody plays Saint's Row for the storyline becasue it's just one long cliche. I'm looking forward ot SR3, I love how juvenile it was.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck yeah, me and my brother love Saints Row, pretty fun games. Though it sucks they seemed to take the ability to rob pretty much every safe out of 2, no more breaking into stores to rob the safes

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hope they have more Insurance Fraud than the second game.

Also hope the english accent is still a choice.

and hopefully a better soundtrack than SR2 which had few good songs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids