Hacking Safely installing game updates to Sysnand without updating Sysnand?

Treflex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

So I have a gateway, a 3ds on 9.2 US firmware + 9.4 emunand, and a retail physical copy of MH4U. I'd like to download the 1.1 update on my sysnand, but I'd need to update to the latest firmware to access eShop. I know I can just download it on emunand and play it there, but I'd like to be able to just boot up the 3ds and play it from the sysnand menu without going into emunand. Is a .cia of the update the only way? If so is there a safe way to install .cia to sysnand?

Treflex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the update via eshop on emunand, as long as you haven't unlinked them it should work on sysnand as well.

Well I've already formatted my emunand/unlinked them...But could I potentially use a new SD card, install a fresh emunand, update that emunand, then install the update? Or would updating the emunand fux wit my sysnand?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I've already formatted my emunand/unlinked them...But could I potentially use a new SD card, install a fresh emunand, update that emunand, then install the update? Or would updating the emunand fux wit my sysnand?
That should work as long as you copy the update data to the other SD card if you intend on using that card.

Reactions: Treflex

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah you can do that

Just make sure that when you want to play MH4U this new SD card is in, not your old one since this one would have the update

EDIT: Or listen to The Real Jdbye as his/her suggestion makes so much more sense

Reactions: Treflex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: