Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

aije42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got fasthax going with steelhax, soundhax got freezes in all 3 tries. It says "we won!" and "UAF succeeded and local backdoor installed." but freezes right after. Going to try Kasher_CS files right now.

Edit: Kasher_CS safehax didn't freeze, but shows the following after a few attemps:
"waiting for user... press start to continue
warning: unexpectedly found more than one null prey"
and it keeps going as long as I press start

Put a cartridge in the 3DS.
If I had one I honestly wouldn't be here testing this.

Last edited by aije42,

j4cob08

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
thank you ^^ also if im using new3dsxl will i need to remove my micro sd while in decrypt9 or can i leave decrypt9 and come back to it when i have the files?

aije42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No luck either way, I even tried using the latest fasthax with the other safehax's that showed up in this thread by swaping folders but it doesn't stop black screening. The problem is really on safehax side.

Going to try again later when fasthax updates again. If it fixes the freezes when it finishes installing the backdoor, safehax might work by itself.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright , i recently bought an N3ds eur. (3 weeks ago)
soundhax works like a charm, but now im looking into an cfw.

im fairly new to all those things for the 3ds, but i do understand it

now im curious at the part of the ctrnand 2.10 transfer.

what happens here i do make an backup of my whole 11.1 firmware? then it gets downgraded to 2.1 right?
i should never close or update the 3ds while on 2.1 im aware.

then i have to install arm9loader ( this is an security ticket for the new firmware? or does this allow cfw too be loaded ?)

when i get to the restore system part, i restore my old 11.1 firmware on the device, then i have to update it too 11.2? but thats my sysnand right? dont i need an lower sysnand with an higher emunand?

or on what or how does the 3ds start (with sd and without sd card)

sorry for the questions, i read the whole guide like 4 times in a row. just trying to get the pieces together in understanding

(edit) at then end the guide talks about ntr cfw , do i need to have this for loading 3ds roms? or is it just another cfw then luna?

Last edited by souler92,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright , i recently bought an N3ds eur. (3 weeks ago)
soundhax works like a charm, but now im looking into an cfw.

im fairly new to all those things for the 3ds, but i do understand it

now im curious at the part of the ctrnand 2.10 transfer.

what happens here i do make an backup of my whole 11.1 firmware? Yes. then it gets downgraded to 2.1 right? Yes.
i should never close or update the 3ds while on 2.1 im aware. Correct, complete the guide immediately.

then i have to install arm9loader ( this is an security ticket for the new firmware? or does this allow cfw too be loaded ?) Yes, this is the entry point to load CFW at boot.

when i get to the restore system part, i restore my old 11.1 firmware on the device, then i have to update it too 11.2? but thats my sysnand right? dont i need an lower sysnand with an higher emunand? Restore 11.1 backup, and go ahead and update on SysNAND since A9LH allows CFW on SysNAND and up to latest firm.

or on what or how does the 3ds start (with sd and without sd card) With SD, but it can be loaded without SD if you want (not much you can do without).

sorry for the questions, i read the whole guide like 4 times in a row. just trying to get the pieces together in understanding

(edit) at then end the guide talks about ntr cfw , do i need to have this for loading 3ds roms? or is it just another cfw then luna? It's another FW, it's not needed for beginers as Luma loads rom has region free patches etc, unsigned cia installation, etc....

My responses in bold/red.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
wow amazing thanks,

just for the last update part thing.

i understand there is ctr nand, sysnand and emunand.

i understand sysnand is the systems version (loaded without sd??) and emu nand load with the sd? im just afraid i load the wrond kind of nand and update the wrong one..

what does ctr nand mean then ?

so in short: after installing a9lh , restoring my old 11.1 firm. i need to update the firmware of my emunand? (never the sysnand?) and how do i load into emunand (or sysnand so i prevent that)
The 3ds has 4 firms with 2(citation needed) partitions, CTR FIRM (uses ctrnand, the 3ds OS) TWL FIRM (uses twl nand the dsi OS) and AGB_FIRM (uses twl nand also, the gba OS). There is a fourth firm that is only ever used in case of a legitimate brick such as a corrupt update etc which makes CTR nand inaccessible, this is known as safe mode and it uses its own firms so it will still work if CTR nand is completely corrupted. Sysnand and emunand refer to ctrnand and it just implies where it is loaded from, sysnand straight from system and emunand from a partition on your sd

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited by KevinX8,

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just cannot get decript9 to work

I'm on 9.2 I've been trying to launch safeHax through menuhax and oothax and it stops all the time before booting me into decript9

any suggestions?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just cannot get decript9 to work

I'm on 9.2 I've been trying to launch safeHax through menuhax and oothax and it stops all the time before moving me into decript9

LOL if you are on 9.2, then you can launch decrypt9 directly from homebrew.

Make sure you select the starting firm correctly in the guide, then it will lead you through the rest.

EDIT: Looks like something is up with the guide, it should just have you launch decrypt9 from homebrew.

Last edited by el_gonz87,

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3ds has 4 firms with 2(citation needed) partitions, CTR FIRM (uses ctrnand, the 3ds OS) TWL FIRM (uses twl nand the dsi OS) and AGB_FIRM (uses twl nand also, the gba OS). There is a fourth firm that is only ever used in case of a legitimate brick such as a corrupt update etc which makes CTR nand inaccessible, this is known as safe mode and it uses its own firms so it will still work if CTR nand is completely corrupted. Sysnand and emunand refer to ctrnand and it just implies where it is loaded from, sysnand straight from system and emunand from a partition on your sd

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

great thanks. now i fully understand it, and im sure ill be safe. will do it soon.

any guides to installing 3ds (cia ) roms? or just easy with FBI?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, she means grow more +1