Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

penciluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS/2DS v11.2.0-35U with soundhax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!25d2XKCK!nwp7NIdMmYZduFhydSaZsH9zGy2a6DlP71SqXTdXCYE
N3DS v11.2.0-35U with soundax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!j91g2CxI!YrxPgicql_vQ_SK4h5f8KhFUmXoKE4NcpKuVgswBv_k

Here are the instructions:

Requirements: uTorrent or Deluge.

WARNING: If you have a 3DS from a region other than USA, go to the bottom of this post first.

1. Go to the link above that contains the ZIP for your device.
2. Go to this link and download the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z. We'll get to it later.
3. Go to this link (Note: it's a torrent magnet link, you'll need a torrent client to open it), download the file for your region and extract the zip.
4. Extract the Safehax ZIP you downloaded to your microSD root.
5. Get the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files and put them in your files9 folder in your microSD root.
6. Put your microSD in your console.
7. Open Nintendo 3DS Sound, press DOWN (d-pad) two times and press A two times.
8. Homebrew will boot. Scroll down and launch Safehax.
9. Decrypt9WIP will launch. Choose "SysNAND Options", "CTRNAND tranfer...", "Auto CTRNAND Transfer". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A twice (one to select the zip file and the other to create a backup).
10. Press B and SELECT.
11. Now you can delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from your files9 folder.
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.
13. Open the folder: "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".
14. Put the microSD in your console and press START.
15. Open your browser, do the initial setup, click URL and go to "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin".
16. It'll open a black screen with a few things written on it. Press SELECT, wait a few seconds and press any button to shutdown your console.
17. Power it on. The Luma3DS config screen will show. Press A at each one of the options (from "Autoboot SysNAND" to "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access). If you're on N3DS, also, Press A thrice at "New 3DS CPU". Press START and power off your console.
18. Power it on again. Exactly after you press the POWER button, hold START. It'll boot Houglass9.
19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console.
20. Put your microSD into your PC and backup the "otp.bin" inside your "a9lh" folder.
21. Now you can delete the "3ds" (if you don't want Homebrew), "a9lh", "files9", "Themes" folders and the "arm9.bin", "arm11.bin", "SafeA9LHInstaller.dat" and "soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a" (on O3DSes, on N3DSes it's "soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a") files. Also delete "boot.3dsx" if you don't want homebrew.

If you have a 3DS from other region than U, follow these steps.
1. Go to http://soundhax.com/ and select the right config for region and device.
2. Instead of going to "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and deleting the "0000008f" folder, delete "00000098" if yours is EUR, "00000082" if yours is JPN and "000000A9" if yours is KOR.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Totally.

your missing a step. Dont you need the a9lh files from the data_input_v3.zip? its going to give you an error when installing

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even steelhax doesn't work
Adding steps to format the microSD before trying it. Might be the issue. Another entrypoint might work too.

your missing a step. Dont you need the a9lh files from the data_input_v3.zip? its going to give you an error when installing
Just follow it and you're good to go.

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway honestly i think you should create another thread with your method hyoretsu. The instructions may get lost with sooo many people commenting on this

Reactions: jacob1223

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway honestly i think you should create another thread with your method hyoretsu. The instructions may get lost with sooo many people commenting on this
WIll do it as soon as I finish it with optional CIAs instructions and steelhax. And some other things.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've already formatted my sd before trying

I formatted bemote trying this
If someone has the same problem when using soundhax and steelhax, I'll tell them to use a card exploit. Might be the problem. If you have a card that has an exploit , try to use it.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steelhax every time i boot the game i get an error and the system reboots and it also is asking me to update the game but i have not done that because i think that would remove the mod.

Reactions: Makore

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
steelhax every time i boot the game i get an error and the system reboots and it also is asking me to update the game but i have not done that because i think that would remove the mod.
If it does, just use soundhax to install it again. If you mean a9lh, it won't be removed.

BasicMelodies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS/2DS v11.2.0-35U with soundhax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!25d2XKCK!nwp7NIdMmYZduFhydSaZsH9zGy2a6DlP71SqXTdXCYE
N3DS v11.2.0-35U with soundax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!j91g2CxI!YrxPgicql_vQ_SK4h5f8KhFUmXoKE4NcpKuVgswBv_k

Here are the instructions:

Requirements: uTorrent or Deluge.

WARNING: If you have a 3DS from a region other than USA, go to the bottom of this post first.

1. Go to the link above that contains the ZIP for your device.
2. Go to this link and download the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z. We'll get to it later.
3. Go to this link (Note: it's a torrent magnet link, you'll need a torrent client to open it), download the file for your region and extract the zip.
4. Extract the Safehax ZIP you downloaded to your microSD root.
5. Get the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files and put them in your files9 folder in your microSD root.
6. Put your microSD in your console.
7. Open Nintendo 3DS Sound, press DOWN (d-pad) two times and press A two times.
8. Homebrew will boot. Scroll down and launch Safehax.
9. Decrypt9WIP will launch. Choose "SysNAND Options", "CTRNAND tranfer...", "Auto CTRNAND Transfer". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A twice (one to select the zip file and the other to create a backup).
10. Press B and SELECT.
11. Now you can delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from your files9 folder.
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.
13. Open the folder: "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".
14. Put the microSD in your console and press START.
15. Open your browser, do the initial setup, click URL and go to "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin".
16. It'll open a black screen with a few things written on it. Press SELECT, wait a few seconds and press any button to shutdown your console.
17. Power it on. The Luma3DS config screen will show. Press A at each one of the options (from "Autoboot SysNAND" to "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access). If you're on N3DS, also, Press A thrice at "New 3DS CPU". Press START and power off your console.
18. Power it on again. Exactly after you press the POWER button, hold START. It'll boot Houglass9.
19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console.
20. Put your microSD into your PC and backup the "otp.bin" inside your "a9lh" folder.
21. Now you can delete the "3ds" (if you don't want Homebrew), "a9lh", "files9", "Themes" folders and the "arm9.bin", "arm11.bin", "SafeA9LHInstaller.dat" and "soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a" (on O3DSes, on N3DSes it's "soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a") files. Also delete "boot.3dsx" if you don't want homebrew.

If you have a 3DS from other region than U, follow these steps.
1. Go to http://soundhax.com/ and select the right config for region and device.
2. Instead of going to "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and deleting the "0000008f" folder, delete "00000098" if yours is EUR, "00000082" if yours is JPN and "000000A9" if yours is KOR.

Totally.

I just got to step 15. When I enter the URL, my 2ds doesn't goto the black screen even thought I have arm9.bin on my microSD root.

Abunaiy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If someone has the same problem when using soundhax and steelhax, I'll tell them to use a card exploit. Might be the problem. If you have a card that has an exploit , try to use it.

same problem over here

i try to make oot3dhax works on sky3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: dont do it!