Safe to update to 6.3.0?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by devilishomar, Sep 25, 2013.

1. devilishomar
    OP

devilishomar Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    I have an R4 SDHC Dual Core white (from http://www.r4isdhc.com) and I've upgraded it to the latest firmware supporting 6.2.0. Recently, Nintendo released a new update which I believe is 6.3.0?

Is it safe to update to 6.3.0? If not, is an update available for 6.3.0 for the cart?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Check the site, and run the firmware update and see what it tells you.

3. devilishomar
    OP

devilishomar Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    If you mean the firmware update for the 3DS, that is why I asked. I need to know if it's safe to update it because if I do and the card doesn't work, I can't update the card because I don't have another DS.

4. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    If you run it, it should tell you what's up. If it can't take the update then it most likely won't run it.

If you're worried that it'll run and then become unbootable, that's the risk you take when you buy clones, especially from R4-sdhc, which drops model support on a regular basis.

5. devilishomar
    OP

devilishomar Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    I ask this because I saw it working on this video: but I'm still not confident on it working.

6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Most likely it was their very latest hardware model. Go to the site, look at the download page, and see all the other models that don't have support.

7. GTK_Kheirro

GTK_Kheirro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2008
    Antigua and Barbuda
    i've updated my 3ds to 6.3.0 today, my R4 SDHC Dual Core (new) doesn't work, i regret my hasteful decision -_-