Hacking Safe to update Emunand? do I need it for Pokemon?

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Put simply, I want to be able to battle my friends online in Pokemon Sun/Moon. I don't care about the battlespot or any of that stuff, though. Do I need to be on the latest 3DS update to be able to battle my friends? I believe I'm still on 10.5 (emunand) or something.

2. If I do have to update, is it safe using Luma on Emunand? do I just update right from system settings? I don't have a9lh, still using emunand/sysnand format

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe to update to 11.2 emuNAND assuming you have Luma. If not, just update Luma by replacing your old boot.3dsx with the newest one found here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
And, if you could, I would install Arm9loaderhax when you can, to prevent any accidental sysNAND updates / glitches just so that your 3DS is running the best hack out there ;)

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe to update to 11.2 emuNAND assuming you have Luma. If not, just update Luma by replacing your old boot.3dsx with the newest one found here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
And, if you could, I would install Arm9loaderhax when you can, to prevent any accidental sysNAND updates / glitches just so that your 3DS is running the best hack out there ;)

So basically just update Luma first, then once that's done go ahead and update emunand regularly via system settings, right? that'll put it to 11.2 ? I thought the latest version was 11.3 ? but not sure

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically just update Luma first, then once that's done go ahead and update emunand regularly via system settings, right? that'll put it to 11.2 ? I thought the latest version was 11.3 ? but not sure
Yup, just update Luma every now and then to ensure full compatibility with the newest firmware update, and 11.2 is the newest update, and cfw users are safe to update to it :)

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, thanks! On a related note..you said to update Luma (when running emunand/sysnand, not a9lh) all I need to do is drag over the latest boot.3dsx, right? When I first installed Luma a month or so ago I had to drag over a handful of files, wish I could remember what they were now but I believe some of them went into root/3ds/luma

All Luma needs to update is just replace the boot.3dsx and that's it? it's updated just like that? figured I'd have to drag over a handful of files to replace the older version. Gotta be honest this will be my first time updating Luma ever since I first installed it on there!

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, thanks! On a related note..you said to update Luma (when running emunand/sysnand, not a9lh) all I need to do is drag over the latest boot.3dsx, right? When I first installed Luma a month or so ago I had to drag over a handful of files, wish I could remember what they were now but I believe some of them went into root/3ds/luma

All Luma needs to update is just replace the boot.3dsx and that's it? it's updated just like that? figured I'd have to drag over a handful of files to replace the older version. Gotta be honest this will be my first time updating Luma ever since I first installed it on there!
Well that was for the setup, for firm launching and other features that Luma has to offer. The entire Luma payload for menuhax is just the boot.3dsx inside the 'menuhax' folder in the Luma zip. I know that it seems too simple to be true, but it is :P

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Make sure your NANDs aren't linked tho. Else, you're screwed if you update even if you have luma.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your NANDs aren't linked tho. Else, you're screwed if you update even if you have luma.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I unlinked the nands back during my original installation for my CFW, it was rxtools back then. I assume switching from rxtools to Luma doesn't cause nands to link or anything and I have to unlink them again ? They should be unlinked as all I've done is switch from rxtools to Luma last month. sysnand is still on 9.2.0 I believe it was

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I unlinked the nands back during my original installation for my CFW, it was rxtools back then. I assume switching from rxtools to Luma doesn't cause nands to link or anything and I have to unlink them again ? They should be unlinked as all I've done is switch from rxtools to Luma last month. sysnand is still on 9.2.0 I believe it was
You're good to go then. switching to luma won't link them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?