Hacking Safe to Delete .pkg Files after Installation, Correct?

haints

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still new to hacking/ps3 so forgive me if this is a stupid question ... once I install a .pkg file, like say, a game update, I can then delete the .pkg file to free up space on my hard drive ...

... right?

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, unless you want to save it incase your internal HD erases (has happened to me...3 times).
But yes, once installed you can go ahead and delete the .PKG file.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about PS3 games updates?
Im in Cobra /w Rogero and loading MultiMAN Cobra Manager there is some funky option called Update.. in Games - gameID .
Anyone has experience using this update function?

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misstake. I meant on the actual PS3 using cfw: cobra /w rogero . There is an App called mmCM (MultiMAN Cobra Manager) . In the Games section , under each PS3 Game there is an option called ' update ' . I learned 'Update' updates games files to lastest version. But i don't know if its totally safe or not. Because I don't know anyone who used it. - -

One more thing. If you got PS3 Slim (2 usb ports ) is PS2ISO totally impossible to play on Cobra /w Rogero ? i just get blackscreen and have to do the hard reset. Unplug/plug power cable .

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That option is just to update the game to the latest version.
It downloads bugfixes and other tweaks that developers made after the game got released.

It's safe to use.

Edit: No problem ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...