Safe to Delete Nin Zone/Health& Safety?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Clarityman, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Clarityman
    OP

Clarityman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Is it safe to use FBI to delete Nintendo Zone since it no longer functions? Is it safe to delete Health& Safety Informaton?

Yes they're system apps, but I want two extra spots for injects on my home screen. I know they used to be used for exploits, but that no longer seems necessary with Luma.

Is it safe to do this? Thoughts?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You should be able to delete them safely. But if you're on the latest firmware and you have Wi-Fi on, you'll have the "system update" message popup occasionally because you're missing system titles. Doing that system update will bring back H&S and maybe even Nintendo Zone.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Clarityman
    OP

Clarityman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    I'm on latest CFW Luma, I get that annoying message all the time anyway if I turn WiFi on, so that doesn't matter.

I'm not seeing any good reason to keep these apps, but I'm worried about screwing up my NAND and losing all my customizations.

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    If you have the latest Luma (8.1.1), it's safe to update. If you're paranoid about it, make a NAND backup first. I've deleted H&S before. Nothing bad happened besides the update nag.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Dec 11, 2017
    Giodude and Quantumcat like this.
  5. Clarityman
    OP

Clarityman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Thank you for the help and replies. It's much appreciated! I deleted the apps and all seems well.

So to be clear, if I were to update, would that undo my CFW installation (obviously I don't want that)? Or would it simply bring back Health & Safety, as well as Faceraiders and AR View which I deleted as well??

I ask because deleting Health & Safety didn't free up any space like I thought, apparently it doesn't count against the 300 limit. I wonder if updating would bring back the apps, not count against the limit, and remove the annoying push update.

6. PossiblyOne

PossiblyOne Alive For Now

Oct 28, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere
    Updating will not undo the cfw, it will simply bring back the H&S app. It won't bring back the Nintendo Zone thing. I'm not sure about the other stock apps. My best guess is that the update will bring those back as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice