S5 Recocery not woking?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Beerus, May 4, 2018.

1. Beerus
    OP

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    hey guys so yesterday i installed twrp onto my s5 but today when i try to enter recovery mode it says

recovery booting
    set bit warranty recovery

then the phone just reboots into set it warranty kernel

2. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Have you attempted to use ODIN and the appropriate files to fix? Sounds like a message you'd get if you tripped Knox. Could have happened by rooting or something else you did along the way.

Also, what guide did you use/did you root/etc?

Last edited by osaka35, May 4, 2018
  3. Beerus
    OP

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    yeah i have used odin latest version and clicked ap and selected the latest build for twrp i also installed a custom oreo rom

4. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N オンライン翻訳者が悪い

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    Have you tried booting into recovery right after you flash TWRP?

I had this issue on my Samsung Galaxy J3 when I was going through the process of rooting that. From what I remember, you have to boot into TWRP directly after flashing the image (as in, don't reboot to system, reboot straight to recovery) in order for it to work properly.

5. Beerus
    OP

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    tried it with a fresh install of twrp still no luck

6. osaka35

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    The order is important. can you link to the guide you used? Or detail the process you used?

On my S7, I have to flash a custom oreo from a rooted recovery TWRP, and then reboot into TWRP before the first boot of oreo. If I don't do this, it'll cause problems. But the S5 is a different beast altogether.

7. SimonMKWii

SimonMKWii GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2017
    Australia
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Recocery?
    Anyway, try to reflash the firmware using ODIN, and if unsuccessful, use Kies to flash back to the default Samsung firmware and start again.

8. Beerus
    OP

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    used this guide to install the custom rom and twrp

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yeah i m currently installing kies rn

osaka35 likes this.
  9. osaka35

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    hmm...is the phone locked to a particular carrier or is it an unlocked GSM phone? I'm not overly familiar with how Canada does its carrier locking.

And I'm guessing it's just a hiccup where reinstalling stuff will fix the issue, but just in case installing stuff doesn't work, I can help track down answers for you :3

Beerus likes this.
  10. Beerus
    OP

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    the phone is locked to telus is it possible to install stock firmware with odin and not through twrp since i legit got my first android phone 3 days ago so im not an expert

11. osaka35

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Looks like yours is the Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8. All canadian versions are of this variant, apparently. The link in the video says this version is supported, so it shouldn't be a problem with compatibility.

I'm still looking :3 but https://forum.xda-developers.com/ is the go-to source for anything android. so if I can't help you, it's a good place to start looking around for answers.

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N and Beerus like this.
  12. Beerus
    OP

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    my phone is the sm-g900t model i am curently downloading the stock rom maybe that will fix the recovery since kies is not detecting my phone in download mode

13. osaka35

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    hmm...the sm-g900t is a T-Mobile phone. Any chance you could have gotten a T-Mobile phone? It looks like it works on telus network just fine unlocked. Either way, that guide should still work for it :P

Last edited by osaka35, May 4, 2018
    Beerus likes this.
  14. Beerus
    OP

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    yeah i got confused because before i flashed the custom rom the phone model in system info was gm900f but when i installed the custom rom it was gm900t but the guide said the rom was compatible for gm900t and f

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

hey i got it to work i installed stock fw and i got recovery mode to work but it gets on tmobile logo so not sure whats up

osaka35 likes this.
  15. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Maybe the wrong firmware?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice