"Ryse" is no longer an Xbox One exclusive and it's heading to PC

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No it's okay xbone, you can keep that one.

All these on PC Sunset Overdrive + Forza Horizon 2 + Quantum Break + Halo HD Collection = No need to buy an Xbox One

If Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all released their games onto PC it'd probably be a lot better for the gamers as we'd have more liberty of choice, free online play (except some have fees) and modding for infinite replayability. Oh yeah, not forgetting way better graphics.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All these on PC Sunset Overdrive + Forza Horizon 2 + Quantum Break + Halo HD Collection = No need to buy an Xbox One

If Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all released their games onto PC it'd probably be a lot better for the gamers as we'd have more liberty of choice, free online play (except some have fees) and modding for infinite replayability. Oh yeah, not forgetting way better graphics.
That would turn all the consoles into paperweight, so you know for certain it's not gonna happen ever. Consoles nowadays pretty much exist solely because they keep a tight grip to their exclusives, they are glorified PCs for most of everything else otherwise.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would turn all the consoles into paperweight, so you know for certain it's not gonna happen ever. Consoles nowadays pretty much exist solely because they keep a tight grip to their exclusives, they are glorified PCs for most of everything else otherwise.

Completely disagree. Consoles are much less hassle and much easier to get into. There's always going to be people who prefer the simplicity of consoles. I'm sure releasing all console games on PC would hurt sales, but at the same time I don't think it would be their downfall.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Completely disagree. Consoles are much less hassle and much easier to get into. There's always going to be people who prefer the simplicity of consoles. I'm sure releasing all console games on PC would hurt sales, but at the same time I don't think it would be their downfall.
Additionally, it's not like they would be making less money if they released their games on PC either. The profit lies in the games, and not in the hardware, so it would work out just fine.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Erm...I know it's your word against mine on that last one, but I think this would REALLY cause their downfall. They would just buy a small PC for under their desktop and use that as a dedicated gaming machine (kind of what steamOS is doing, but not limited to one service).

The Real Jdbye: it's a good point. I disagree with it, but it's not that easy to explain why. With an ecosystem (xbone, ps4, wiiu, PC, android, ...) comes a certain standard of what quality and price/quality is. If all the games would be playable on the same device, those games have far more competition from one another. And especially if there is plenty of supply (which there is if you merge all games), then demand needs to be created in price drops (like steam does). The end result is that merely putting those exclusive games on a platform, the average price is quickly going to lower. To the point where it is no longer making a profit.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

True. Microsoft and Sony can released their games on PC depending on what games but Nintendo will never release the games onto PC at all. Never!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-