Hacking Rygar: The Battle of Argus ntsc on pal wii?

james4204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone had any luck getting Rygar: The Battle of Argus ntsc backup working on a pal wii with gamma loader? all i get is a black screen!
tried making it boot on ios 32 & 249. tried running it with wiifrii ( never used it before so may of done it wrong ) and tried softchip, nothing can get it working, grr, any sugestions?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
james4204 said:
Has anyone had any luck getting Rygar: The Battle of Argus ntsc backup working on a pal wii with gamma loader? all i get is a black screen!
tried making it boot on ios 32 & 249. tried running it with wiifrii ( never used it before so may of done it wrong ) and tried softchip, nothing can get it working, grr, any sugestions?

How old is the game? Do you know about NTSC users having problems with the game? Did you try SoftChip with disc region video mode? Is the game NTSC-U or NTSC-J?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did run this game on wiigator backup launcher v0.3g just FINE. I am using NTSC-U version on USA Wii. Try force PAL ? I don't know.

WiiPower, this game is brand new and was out few days ago. No problem for me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the game doesn't work in SoftChip with force disc region video mode and it's not working in Gamma with force NTSC, then hopefully you have a bad burn. The other answer would be that nintendo has a new region protection, and i don't like this idea.

If it's working, but in wrong colors, get my toy:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909
and play around with it.

james4204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
If the game doesn't work in SoftChip with force disc region video mode and it's not working in Gamma with force NTSC, then hopefully you have a bad burn. The other answer would be that nintendo has a new region protection, and i don't like this idea.

and play around with it.

i thought maybe it was a bad burn, so tried buring it three times on diferent brand discs! one with ios 32, one with 34 ( think that was the original ios ) then with 249 with wiifrii, all three gave me a black screen!

ill try your toy tomorrow, ill let you know if i have any luck! this is my first game i have that doesnt work with gamma, over one hundred, and this is the first one, so been lucky so far!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
james4204 said:
WiiPower said:

and play around with it.

i thought maybe it was a bad burn, so tried buring it three times on diferent brand discs! one with ios 32, one with 34 ( think that was the original ios ) then with 249 with wiifrii, all three gave me a black screen!

ill try your toy tomorrow, ill let you know if i have any luck! this is my first game i have that doesnt work with gamma, over one hundred, and this is the first one, so been lucky so far!

Well your patches might be the problem. If you IOS Version patch, do it only to IOS249. I don't know what wiifrii does, but if it patched the region to PAL, but the game doesn't contain PAL video modes, only Gamma with force NTSC should be able to run the game. If you use a loader anyways, you don't need to patch the region, maybe the video modes, but not the region.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Doesn't work from the Disc Channel for me, but it works fine with Gecko OS 1.07b and the Gamma Loader.
I have a WiiKey 1.9s as well as 3.2E and all the homebrew junk minus IOS37 couldn't find that but I don't seem to need it.

Sahduk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if this is gonna work but have you tried patching it with waninikos iospatcher?

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also cant run the game properly. Only in red screen.
Ive loaded it via Backup Loader/GeckoOS, without configs I get to play it in red.
If I put ForcePal 60 or any other option it stucks at a green screen, for all 3 of my copies (non-patched, WiiFrii smart patched, WiiFrii brute patched).

What is weird is that this is the only game that doesnt work for me. All other pal-patched games (Tatsunoko JAP, No more Heroes, One Piece UA, etc.) work if I choose the option ForcePal 60 (in color).
This one however gets stuck. So I guess something here is different with this game :-/

Btw. I have 3.3E, but still as I said ALL other games work on my Wii in color.
(This one would too, but not with this old TV of mine. And all the others work with the TV...)

So I hope anyone knows the solution for this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Markan said:
I also cant run the game properly. Only in red screen.
Ive loaded it via Backup Loader/GeckoOS, without configs I get to play it in red.
If I put ForcePal 60 or any other option it stucks at a green screen, for all 3 of my copies (non-patched, WiiFrii smart patched, WiiFrii brute patched).

What is weird is that this is the only game that doesnt work for me. All other pal-patched games (Tatsunoko JAP, No more Heroes, One Piece UA, etc.) work if I choose the option ForcePal 60 (in color).
This one however gets stuck. So I guess something here is different with this game :-/

Btw. I have 3.3E, but still as I said ALL other games work on my Wii in color.
(This one would too, but not with this old TV of mine. And all the others work with the TV...)

So I hope anyone knows the solution for this.

Did you test your 3 pal-patched games without the patching? I wouldn't be surprised they work too. If you can't get the game to work in PAL60, but in NTSC with wrong colors, you know: 1. Your tv/video cable doesn't support NTSC and 2. the game doesn't contain PAL video code. What does WiiFrii patch?

You could try the game with R6 of my toy with force PAL60, maybe this works.

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes I have tested the non-patched version and they only work in red color. PalPatch usually helps me to play in color on my TV. If not for the TV, I wouldnt need a pal patch, just put disk in backup loader...

But I am palpatching so I get to play it in color. And it works with all games... only not with Rygar. Rygar "behaves" as if it wasnt patched... (forcepal60=stuck at green screen, no configs=red color)

other palpatched games: no config for red, and forcepal60 for normal color.

There is something about the game that is different from the others. :-/

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Markan said:
yes I have tested the non-patched version and they only work in red color. PalPatch usually helps me to play in color on my TV. If not for the TV, I wouldnt need a pal patch, just put disk in backup loader...

But I am palpatching so I get to play it in color. And it works with all games... only not with Rygar. Rygar "behaves" as if it wasnt patched... (forcepal60=stuck at green screen, no configs=red color)

other palpatched games: no config for red, and forcepal60 for normal color.

There is something about the game that is different from the others. :-/

Well the red color comes from you rgb cable, i guess with the crap composite cable you get correct colors. Most tvs in germany support NTSC playback.

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower I know its because rgb cable + my TV. I already said that but I dont want to play with crap composite as you already said. All the other games work in color with rgb, only this one doesnt.
So Im tryin to find a solution so it works like all other games.

edit: Downgraded to 3.2, didnt help

tried to install softMii... tried to install its hacks, got thousands of error messages ->will never try it again.

I guess I will have to wait for a new TV.

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
The game boots up for me but then I get the "error. plz check manual" message.
any one have any tips? using un patched game on a pal wii. (multiple DVD tests [the main brand work for all my other backups])

Tested with backup launcher / Gecko and Main disc channel on my riiskii moded wii.
Only game so far that dont work.

Hoping that deadly creatures and House of the dead will work next week *cross fingers*

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DaWiis, when do you get the error message? When you put the game in and then in the normal Wii Menu, after the disk loads?
That happens to me too with pal patched games, if thats the caste then start homebrew first, and THEN insert the game. This is a problem I encountered with 3.3E. Downgraded to 3.2E, doesnt appear anymore.

Does the game work in red color for you, or not at all?

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
I haven't tested that
smile.gif
Will report back later ^^

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my prediction is that it will work for you if you have a good tv, in red if ur tv is older like mine.
wink.gif

edit: btw. I use backup loader or gecko, both should work

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Markan said:
my prediction is that it will work for you if you have a good tv, in red if ur tv is older like mine.
wink.gif

edit: btw. I use backup loader or gecko, both should work

I know i repeat myself, but you will always get red screen with the rgb cable, no matter how great your tv is. NTSC Wii's have s-video instead of rgb and use the same connectors on the cable for this, so you are actually getting a NTSC s-video signal on your rgb cable. If you play around with the scrart connectors on your tv and the settings on your tv, you might get correct colors, but the video qualitiy is equally to the crap cable's quality then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night