Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here are some neat little tricks:

You can xor 0B 3C E6 39 4D 9F 5B 4C @ 0x26754 of rxTools, and that'll display "RX-S" and "RX-E" which you can edit and re-xor to have whatever you want displayed in System settings. (Personally I revert "RX-S" back to "Ver.")

You can chop off the last 0x110000 bytes of rxTools.dat, that's a little over a mb.

You can write 72 5B 48 14 0C F4 5D 93 A2 6C 35 FF 29 83 53 41 @ 0x40A31 to have the slot 0x25 keyX load from the first 0x10 bytes of rxTools.dat. You'll have to paste the key in yourself, of course.

Nice. Thanks for those tips !

Reactions: Margen67

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way for me to get emunand without a flash cart?
If you're on 9.2 or lower, yes, but unless you're on 4.5 or lower you won't have any way to install cia's. To install emuNAND on anything from 4.0.0-7 to 9.2.0-20:

1. Back up everything on your SD card, cuz it's gonna get formatted. (Also be aware that you're going to lose 1 GB of SD card space)
2. Grab the public beta archive from here: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads/
3. Stick the launcher.dat from the "GW_Ultra_X.X.X(Public Beta)" folder on the root of your SD card
4. Put the SD card in the 3DS
5. Open the internet browser and go to http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go.html
6. Pick "Launcher.dat" and hit Launch
7. Select "Format EmuNAND" from the menu that appears.
8. Copy all the files you backed up back onto your SD card.

That should work. If I knew your specific FW version I could give you a direct QR.

From then on, use rxTools to boot into it - grab the original rxTools package from the original thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/ then put the firmware.bin you get from the program in that, the rxTools.dat from THIS thread, and you're probably gonna want a slot0x25KeyX.bin on the SD card too, but you can search for that yourself. Once you have those three files (rxTools.dat, firmware.bin, slot0x25KeyX.bin) on your SD card, you can point your 3DS browser at http://launch.rxtools.net/rxTools to boot it.

If any of the "browser" steps don't work, try clearing cookies and history.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're on 9.2 or lower, yes, but unless you're on 4.5 or lower you won't have any way to install cia's. To install emuNAND on anything from 4.0.0-7 to 9.2.0-20:

1. Back up everything on your SD card, cuz it's gonna get formatted. (Also be aware that you're going to lose 1 GB of SD card space)
2. Grab the public beta archive from here: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads/
3. Stick the launcher.dat from the "GW_Ultra_X.X.X(Public Beta)" folder on the root of your SD card
4. Put the SD card in the 3DS
5. Open the internet browser and go to http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go.html
6. Pick "Launcher.dat" and hit Launch
7. Select "Format EmuNAND" from the menu that appears.
8. Copy all the files you backed up back onto your SD card.

That should work. If I knew your specific FW version I could give you a direct QR.

From then on, use rxTools to boot into it - grab the original rxTools package from the original thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/ then put the firmware.bin you get from the program in that, the rxTools.dat from THIS thread, and you're probably gonna want a slot0x25KeyX.bin on the SD card too, but you can search for that yourself. Once you have those three files (rxTools.dat, firmware.bin, slot0x25KeyX.bin) on your SD card, you can point your 3DS browser at http://launch.rxtools.net/rxTools to boot it.

If any of the "browser" steps don't work, try clearing cookies and history.

Thanks! I was wondering why rx tools wasn't working, because I thought I use that to make the emunand. But, rx tools is just for launching it...

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can write 72 5B 48 14 0C F4 5D 93 A2 6C 35 FF 29 83 53 41 @ 0x40A31 to have the slot 0x25 keyX load from the first 0x10 bytes of rxTools.dat. You'll have to paste the key in yourself, of course.
It kills MSET compatibility, isn't it?

Jaitsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I was wondering why rx tools wasn't working, because I thought I use that to make the emunand. But, rx tools is just for launching it...

I would think you'd be able to boot rxTools anyway, unless this patched version doesn't support sysNAND. The original does. Is your 3DS over 9.2 or something?

Edit: ...Oh, and this is an -old- 3DS, right? Not a New 3DS?

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That makes me wonder what archive format rxTools uses after decryption.

And it seems the decryption routine changed from Gateway; else, using xor to modify a string in the code wouldn't work (iirc gateway uses addition).

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have emunand updated to the latest firmware using the rxtools in this thread. Once i backup my games via gateway, how do I go about launching them? Also, can i transfer save files? Finally, I'd like to play RF4 since it hasn't been released in the EU physically, if I import it , how would I go about playing it. I've read that I'll need Bigbluemenu and palantine cfw? Where do i go from here to achieve this? Also, another guide said I should've installed NVRAM before emunand.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are supposed to install BBM (or another cia instaler) before setting up your emunand.
What's your firmware? Is it a 2DS or a 3DS? Do you have CN?

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original 3DSXL sysnand is 9.0...I don't have CN, but i do have a DSTWO.Somebody told me yesterday it was possible to do the above and the instructions he linked only told me to install emunand... Can somebody link me to where I should go from here?

Last edited by Dt123,

login721

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have problem with installing legit cia in rxmode?
I used devmenu to install MarioKart (with legit cia) .The install was successful but the game icon not show up.If i boot into emunand with gw ,the icon showed up,but not in rxmode.

P/s : sorry for my bad English.

Jaitsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have problem with installing legit cia in rxmode?
I used devmenu to install MarioKart (with legit cia) .The install was successful but the game icon not show up.If i boot into emunand with gw ,the icon showed up,but not in rxmode.

P/s : sorry for my bad English.

Did you install the game to sysnand or emunand? If you installed to sysnand, try uninstalling it and re-installing it while running rxTools. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Edit: Oh and make sure you have the right region version too

Last edited by Jaitsu,

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Do I still need Pasta or PBT to install a cia? And if not, does it matter if it's a non-legit or legit cia?

Jaitsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I still need Pasta or PBT to install a cia? And if not, does it matter if it's a non-legit or legit cia?

For the time being, yes, you'll need one or the other. I'm not sure whether or not (this version of) rxTools supports running Ninjhax (that's a question for @AHP_person ) so for now PBT/Palantine is probably your best bet for the initial installation of FBI or BBB/BRM.

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
For the time being, yes, you'll need one or the other. I'm not sure whether or not (this version of) rxTools supports running Ninjhax (that's a question for @AHP_person ) so for now PBT/Palantine is probably your best bet for the initial installation of FBI or BBB/BRM.
My current setup is 4.5 with Pasta/rxtools. I use Pasta to install games and dump and inject the title.db to play the games in rxtools. What I'm wondering is if I still need Pasta now where everyting is set up and just use rxtools to install my games.

Jaitsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current setup is 4.5 with Pasta/rxtools. I use Pasta to install games and dump and inject the title.db to play the games in rxtools. What I'm wondering is if I still need Pasta now where everyting is set up and just use rxtools to install my games.

Well, if you have some form of cia installer already installed on the 3DS, then you should be all set. FBI, BBB, etc. all work just fine from within rxTools, even after updating emuNAND to 9.8.

Edit: Oh, and don't dump/inject your ticket.db if you do update emuNAND, it screws up system titles, including System Settings, and you won't be able to get it to do anything.

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Well, if you have some form of cia installer already installed on the 3DS, then you should be all set. FBI, BBB, etc. all work just fine from within rxTools, even after updating emuNAND to 9.8.

That's great. Thank you!

edit
It doesn't matter if the game legit or not, right?

edit2
I'm daft. Obviously it doesn't matter, that's the whole point of this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme