Hacking Rxtools to Luma3ds help needed

mynameistaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I’ve been out of the scene for a few years now. For the most part my o3ds xl has been sitting on the shelf. My 3ds is currently running rxtools, which I’ve read is out of date. My EmuNAND is at 10.6, unfortunately I’m unable to boot to the sysnand to determine the version (I think 9.2).
I’ve read the guide to installing Luma3ds, but wasn’t sure where to start since I can’t boot to sysnand (auto boots to EmuNAND and freezes if I attempt to load sysnand). Ideally, I would like to keep the games that are installed on the EmuNAND. Any help is greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted User

You might have to do a ctr transfer to fix the sysnand if you don't have a nand backup.Check the guide if it tells you or check the troubleshooting section.It won't touch your emunand data if you do it and you will be able to inject your emunand over to your sysnand later once you install b9s with the guide.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Thanks, I see mention of booting with the sd card ejected. I will try that first thing in the morning.
Yeah that only works once b9s is installed,then you can run Luma on the ctrnand without a sd card.You need to do a ctrtransfer before following the guide which will restore your corrupted sysnand back to normal on 9.2

Last edited by ,

mynameistaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before noticing the last post, I booted my 3ds without the memory card in (backing it up on my PC) and my sysnand loaded. I was able to confirm that I am on 9.2.0-20U. So it is very possible there is User Error on trying to boot to sysnand with the memory card in.

I did look at the guide for ctrtransfer, but the steps mention the luma/payload path, which I currently don't have.

D

Deleted User

Before noticing the last post, I booted my 3ds without the memory card in (backing it up on my PC) and my sysnand loaded. I was able to confirm that I am on 9.2.0-20U. So it is very possible there is User Error on trying to boot to sysnand with the memory card in.

I did look at the guide for ctrtransfer, but the steps mention the luma/payload path, which I currently don't have.
Try removing menuhax.Its probably autoboot on then.Your nand isn't messed up so you don't need to ctrtransfer.

Last edited by ,

mynameistaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Another quick question. Should I remove all the Rxtools info from the SD card before starting, or just follow the steps of the guide?

D

Deleted User

Thanks! Another quick question. Should I remove all the Rxtools info from the SD card before starting, or just follow the steps of the guide?
Remove menuhax and see if you can boot into sysnand with your sd card inserted first,then follow the guide.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-