RXTools Gba games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dotmore, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Dotmore
    OP

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    is it possible to play Pokemon hacks (specificly this one on Rxtools? It is a Fire red hack

2. AtlasFontaine

AtlasFontaine GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 18, 2015
    Venezuela
    Venezuela-Zulia.
    You can find some pokemon hacks already converted to Cias in that iso site.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

With 3DS Simple GBA Converter, you can convert them to .cia for use with AGB_FIRM.

I'm not sure if you absolutely need to install the patched AGB_FIRM, but I haven't done that step personally (also on rxTools), and GBA games worked fine. If stuff crashes, then I guess try installing the patched AGB_FIRM or something.

You have to install them both on sysnand and emunand. Inject FBI in H&S app on both sysnand and emunand, install on emunand, then I use devmode to run FBI on sysnand and I install them there too.
    Then you can run them straight from emunand and they will work.

(I'm not sure if rxmode sysnand would work too to install the .cias, but I used devmode and it worked, didn't seem to give me any problems, so...)

4. Dotmore
    OP

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I already played a dozen of GBA games on RXtools. I was just wondering if Rom hacks would of worked aswell. They do, thanks ;)

5. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Keep in mind that afaik this ONLY works on the O3DS. rxTools does not have support for DSi/GBA games on the N3DS yet.