Hacking Running WADs on an older modded Wii?

PrinceOfBrains

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright everyone, apologies for the long story (and what is presumably an obvious answer), but I've spent a lot of time googling this lately and the answers always seem to be sort of contradictory and dependent on what you're running.

Back in 2015, my best friend from back home gave me a modded Wii for Christmas to play WBFS backups, emulators, and so on. It was a very nice gesture of him, since 2015 wasn't exactly my best year, and it was nice to play stuff like No More Heroes and Mario Galaxy again.

Fast forward to today when I bust it out of storage for the first time in a while, and I'm glad to see it works, but I get to wondering - is there a way to play WADs on it so I can enjoy stuff like Mega Man 9 and Castlevania Adventure ReBirth again?

I've seen a lot of different solutions involving emuNAND and stuff like that, but I admit I'm not exactly sure what I need for mine, since I wasn't there when it was being set up. According to my Homebrew Channel, I'm running:

Multi-Mod Manager
Configurable USB Loader
IOS236 (installer v5)
Priiloader 236 Mod
switch2UNEEK
WiiExplorer
HackMii

I know a lot of these are on the older side of Wii modding, and frankly I'm not really into the idea enough to start all over with a new install of something else, but given what I have, is there a relatively pain-free way to run WADs on my Wii? Or is it just not worth the effort/unfeasible given the age of the programs involved?

Thanks!

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So WBFS files are backups of game discs you own, and WADs are installable apps. They are like the Wii edition of APKs for your Android (if you have one)

You can install WADs using Multi Mod Manager or Wii Mod Lite, I strongly suggest dumping WADs from real Wiis (from yard sales, your friend's house, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.