Hacking Running out of memory

dougy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I only have 2 custom channels installed, a backup disc launcher and a usb loader channel. These don't use many blocks.

However with about 40 games on my HD I've just discovered that I am out of memory! I had no idea that memory was that limited and always thought that it was only an issue with wiiware games etc.

How does everyone else deal with this? And yes i realize that I don't play all 40 games regularly, but I'm far less likely to have another bash at an average game if I have to copy the save over first and can't just randomly choose it from the loader.

So if there isn't an obvious work around that I'm missing, than would it be possible to add a feature to the usb loaders so that they copy the save game from a memory card to the Wii system before launching the game?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete things like the Nintendo Channel and the Photo Channel 1.1 update if you don't care about those. I got back like 700 blocks by doing that.

dougy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok.. my understanding of the changes in 4.0 was that you can use larger sd cards at higher speeds, and that you could stimulate running wiiware games of the card as the system copies to to memory and then removes them behind the scenes.

So from what you suggest there is a way in 4.0 to have the wii use save games located on a sd card?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no save games still are saved on the wii. but instead of having all your vc/ww games take up space their stored on sd card instead so its worth upgrading to 4.0. even though their copied to wii to play it only copies 1 game at a time not all of them! right now i got all my vc/ww on sd card and have about 1200 blocks free on the wii and there's like 10 save files too and the hbc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok