ROM Hack Suggestion Rune Factory 5 English Patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well good luck with that, either you wait for someone to decide to do a fan translation, leave it unfinished, or learn Japanese to be honest if you don't like the idea certain games get localized at a later time instead of universal release. There is no English patch, it doesn't work like that, for someone to translate it they have to edit and replace the text file, so good luck with that.

I wasn't even implying that I wanted the translation to be done right off the bat, see this is what happens when a person assumes out of a person instead of asking a question towards the person - smh. And again your pushing your own narrative to please your comment here like mate please stop, I never did state or make it appear that I had issues waiting, - that is just you implying this, yet again stop it with the assumptions, it's utterly rude as heck.
Bye now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's actually not unreasonable to wonder about a translation patch for this particular game. I'm not sure if it's the way the developer (Marvelous) usually handles it, but two previous games, Friends of Mineral Town and Pioneers of Olive Town, already included the English translation in the game files before they were even released in the west. A user here was able to extract those files and turn them into a working translation patch, so I think that's what the OP was referring to.
Thank you so much

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible for someone to make this happened?? Or not? :( I wanna know...cause I really wanna give this game a go...
Since the western release hasn't been announced at all, find it odd but eh.

Yes, it is possible, but entirely pointless as the game already has a release schedule for this year.
Just be patient.

I'm waiting quite a few months for Disgaea 6.

If all you want is to do a "test drive", try playing it in Japanese with Google Lens translating the menus etc.
You will both learn a little Japanese and get to try the game early.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for someone to make this happened?? Or not? :( I wanna know...cause I really wanna give this game a go...
Since the western release hasn't been announced at all, find it odd but eh.
How did you miss the announcement that it was coming to the West? That news dropped forever ago at this point. Coming some point later this year, just be patient.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read my replies, I made myself quite clear.

I read your first post where you claimed: "Since the western release hasn't been announced at all, find it odd but eh." A Western release has absolutely been announced, we just don't know the exact release date, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said, because it reads like you didn't think it was announced to be localized at all yet.

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I read your first post where you claimed: "Since the western release hasn't been announced at all, find it odd but eh." A Western release has absolutely been announced, we just don't know the exact release date, if that's what you meant, that's what you should have said, because it reads like you didn't think it was announced to be localized at all yet.

'We just don't know the exact release date' - that is what I have been stating here, twice already.
Nah, I didn't mean it that way ;-;..sorry

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'We just don't know the exact release date' - that is what I have been stating here, twice already.
Nah, I didn't mean it that way ;-;..sorry
Again, reread what I quoted: "Since the western release hasn't been announced at all, find it odd but eh." You must recognize how that reads like you don't even believe it was announced to be localized for the West at all. I understand what you're saying now that you've clarified what you meant, but your first post absolutely does not come across that way at all, I can see looking back that I'm not alone in reading your first post like that, clearly you worded your real question poorly (if that is genuinely what you meant, I have my doubts and do believe you're just trying to cover your tracks as if it was just a misunderstanding, of course I'll never know that for sure, and I don't expect you'd ever admit to as much if it were true).

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read my replies, I made myself quite clear.
Jesus, just edit your opening post. You say you were "clear" only to have multiple people come in here and you needing to repeatedly clarify yourself. Just accept it wasn't clear and edit it so you don't have people coming in here offering info they think you missed. It's far less hassle then replying the same thing over and over.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but I never ever did claim that it wasn't gonna come out at all, I made that clear, I made my first statement clear from the beginning that there is no western release date due to it not having an official month nor date at all just a year, usually when this occurs to a game it either gets delayed which it happens, or the people behind the games release doesn't know when they wanna release the game exactly.

I hope I made myself clear here. I did check if there was a release date I made it clear twice towards the other rude person xD lmao...it was right there mate. Oh my gosh. Again you continue to push down the narrative that I made a comment stating that I expect people to work on the game quickly *when I never did* - man I am done with your rude arse I am gonna report you.

Capture.PNG

In your opening post it says western release hasn't been announced, your opening post ain't clear to be honest, no announcement is different than getting a scheduled 2021 release you said no announcement instead of a given street date of release, sure if you said no specific release date maybe people wouldn't have a problem with you, you didn't bother to take a look before claiming there is no western localization announcement. Given what going on around the world it is best to not give a exact release date yet as people would be disappointed if it get delayed, for example when Bravely Default II was announced it wasn't given official release date until the late cycle of game development, since it says 2021 you can either expect it this year or it can be delayed if the developers need more time for localization.

Of course it sound like you expect someone else to do all the work for you since you asks on launch date, masagrator is right about the localization part, it take a lot time to localized a game, since there is an announced western release not sure how many people would be willing to do a full localization of a game that is going to be localized anyway, beside that there is the problem the translation project might get shut down with cease and desist if Marvelous/Xseed games wants to. Some fan translation projects in the past got shut down with cease and desist.

Scramble was release Feb 2020 and it took 4+ months for someone to really decide to do fan translation, at that time we weren't even sure if there was going to be a localized version for that game.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/persona-5-scramble-unofficial-translation.558529/

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The game is not like the previous ones, don't have the english text inside the romfs. Then is not possible to make a quick patch to translate it.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HtooHtooHtoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'm getting upset at people who are asking for fantranslations of games that already have announced official translation going on.

Localization was announced, release date is 2021. Fantranslation also can be postponed, so this argument is stupid as it can be.
You asked if anybody is doing fantranslation when many months before official japanese release it was announced that it will be released on west later in 2021. And you are expecting people to jump to fantranslating this knowing that, wasting their time with shadow of possible western release date announcement in any minute?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, looking by your post history you are right - it seems this is something in your nature and i shouldn't be upset about something you didn't change since 2018. Only asking people to do something, never do it yourself.
Good luck finding a sucker who will waste time.

Ignore list updated. Welcome.
Are you the chairman of this community? If you are not, just STFU and let people post what they want. They are not breaking any rules. Don't be such a small pepe

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you all want to bicker please take it to PM, if anyone by chance wants to honor the request PM me and I will reopen the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr