ROM Hack Rune Factory 4 Special Completed Save

lexlynx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am looking for a completed Rune Factory 4 Special save (US version), at least past the 2nd story arc where the "Extra Orders" feature is unlocked.

At least on the 3DS version, once the Extra Orders are unlocked, they apply to all save files. This save would allow new players to have the ability to change their character model, artwork and gender, as well as change the soundtrack to any of the previous Rune Factory game soundtracks through this menu without having to clear the game first.

I see there is a save editor for the switch version, but I don't see an option to unlock Extra Orders yet. Hopefully someone can provide a save.

Thanks!!

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use my savefile
Thanks for this!

For others trying to use this, if you already have a save, you can do this:
1. Export your existing save (Checkpoint or whatever)
2. Make a backup of your save elsewhere
3. Place the rf4_sys.sav from the above post into your save dir
4. Import save to system (Checkpoint or whatever)
5. Load save game (menu will look wrong, but your saves are still there in the same order)
6. Use Extra Order to change sprite
7. Save game
8. Export save again
9. Place the rf4_sys.sav from your backup into your save dir
10. Import save to system

The rf4_sys file contains info like name, gender, farm name, whether you have orders unlocked, etc. So you essentially borrow the completed system save to execute the order in your regular save, then bring back your original system file to restore the rest of your stuff.

Reactions: vendettared

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this!

For others trying to use this, if you already have a save, you can do this:
1. Export your existing save (Checkpoint or whatever)
2. Make a backup of your save elsewhere
3. Place the rf4_sys.sav from the above post into your save dir
4. Import save to system (Checkpoint or whatever)
5. Load save game (menu will look wrong, but your saves are still there in the same order)
6. Use Extra Order to change sprite
7. Save game
8. Export save again
9. Place the rf4_sys.sav from your backup into your save dir
10. Import save to system

The rf4_sys file contains info like name, gender, farm name, whether you have orders unlocked, etc. So you essentially borrow the completed system save to execute the order in your regular save, then bring back your original system file to restore the rest of your stuff.
Works like a charm, thanks! This, along with the text edits, is basically all we needed.

Galebourn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry for digging out a very old thread here, but I recently purchased Rune Factory 4 on Steam and tried to continue my old Switch savefile. The format seems to be exactly the same and when I put it in the save folder, they actually show up. However, when I try to start the game it says "This saved data was corrupted, and has been deleted".
Has anyone tried continuing this Switch save file on PC? Is there any way to get this to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q