KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
They should add a text in the lower right corner like on the 3DS cases. But than saying it isn't working on the wii
I didn't think our boxes have that. On top of that, the wii u box looks like it going to be blue. Are people that confused/blind?

I still like the "official" case better even with the yellow.

here you can see the: you can play it in 3D or 2D
screenshot_36376_thumb_wide610.jpg

My parents would really be confused I thing :P like It's says wii so it's wii right?(so never let parents buy games for you :3 ) but maybe in stores they'll clearly point it out with posters or something >.< also the wiiU still uses the original wiimote
I do like the design of the boxes though ^-^

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of those three, I like the first one best with the logo engraved into it.

The last one (official?) is good as long as it's the right blue and the yellow isn't that strong. It's a delicate balance for me with that blue and yellow. I can be done right but if not the whole powder blue thing starts looking like something from the 60's or 70's for me. (Too old school for a new console)
blue-tuxedo-suit.jpg

The red one just burns my eyes.

The third is just without the yellow line.
It was changed with a white line.
Wich in my opinion is much better and should be the one

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
back in the GCN days there were a lot of people asking for "Gamebox" games. .

I worked in McDonalds for 6 months a few years back (ok, more than just a few!), and the amount of people that came in asking for a "McDonalds Burger" or a "McDonalds Meal" was astounding.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]Man your right as well, since much of my costumers are confused with 3DS and NDS _-_ They ask, can this be played on a NDS? I say no, look the box says it as well! And they still won't trust me at all.

Where I work I get variations of "Uh, hi, uh, I need, uh... the, uh DSi3D/DS3/3DSi/DS Lite 3D/Nintendo 3D/Nindendo"

"The 3DS?"

"I guess, you tell me."

(no bitch you tell me. Don't go shopping when you don't know what you're buying)

Anyways, I like this box design. It looks nice, clean, and simple. That yellow line, while a bit odd color wise, doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it might be a subtle nod towards the orange-blue contrast used in movie posters, which tends to be a MAJOR eye-grabber. Again, very, very subtle.

Or, you know, it could just be a contrasting divider, and I am over-analyzing things.

Reactions: 3 people

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[...]Man your right as well, since much of my costumers are confused with 3DS and NDS _-_ They ask, can this be played on a NDS? I say no, look the box says it as well! And they still won't trust me at all.

Where I work I get variations of "Uh, hi, uh, I need, uh... the, uh DSi3D/DS3/3DSi/DS Lite 3D/Nintendo 3D/Nindendo"

"The 3DS?"

"I guess, you tell me."

(no bitch you tell me. Don't go shopping when you don't know what you're buying)

Anyways, I like this box design. It looks nice, clean, and simple. That yellow line, while a bit odd color wise, doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it might be a subtle nod towards the orange-blue contrast used in movie posters, which tends to be a MAJOR eye-grabber. Again, very, very subtle.

Or, you know, it could just be a contrasting divider, and I am over-analyzing things.
i almost fell off the chair with the nindendo.

Reactions: 1 person

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Furthermore...yeah...the name. The boxart crushes my last hope nintendo will admit their choice was a working title until they came up with a good name. I'm not so sure if their decision to make the 'U' smaller and logo-ish is wise. I just KNOW some parents will return their game, puzzled that it won't play on their wii. "But it's a wii game! It says wii right here!", they'll say. To which a despairing shopkeeper will point out the "U" of "wiiU" ("yes, maam. wiiU. It's a different console. A gaming machine. Yes, you'll need one of those before your son can play this game. I'm sorry nintendo ruined your Christmas."), and not some random logo you'll find stamped on pretty much any game.
Really? You thought after E3 and them promoting the shit out of it everywhere...you really thought that they might change the name this late in the game?
No...not really. But it hadn't really hit me we'd be seeing the name anywhere.

It's a brand, Wii is a successful brand just like "Nintendo" was with the first three consoles...they used a different brand for Gamecube...they came 3rd in that gen. They've done this many times with Gameboy and DS. Personally I'd rather they'd come up with a new name but then I don't earn big bucks in marketing, they pay people to do that and their research showed that sticking with the Wii brand is the best bet.

Besides if people are too stupid to not research what they buy then fuck 'em.
There are more than a few times where I bet that's exactly the idea those big buck earning guys in marketing have in mind.

Really, getting tired of parents who are too lazy to research what they buy their kids blaming others for their mistakes. I had this when I worked for Leapfrog "hey I bought a Leappad game but it doesn't work with my kids Leapster 1 from several years ago...yeah Leapster2 games don't work on it but really you're misleading people blah blah".

People should know this by now, it's not just with gaming its with a lot of things too. It's been going on for decades, if a product has a familiar name and then something added next to it, you look to see if it's compatible with the previous product yourself. Do Sony have "not compatible with PS1 or PS2" notices on their PS3 games? If not then Nintendo shouldn't have to, it's not up to them to nanny idiots.
Numbers at least more clearly bring the message it's a follow-up. With all the emphasis on the controller, is nintendo really not to blame at all for creating the (wrong) idea that the wiiU is a fancy expansion controller?

Rant over :)

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

"The 3DS?"

"I guess, you tell me."

non-gaming-Parents you know ;)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're legit:
"Why yes, the Wii U box art you sent is legit; in fact, it’s too legit to quit." - Ubisoft PR rep, Mr. Michael Beadle

Source

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I loved the Dreamcast Game Cases, they had really something magical.

c66sfh1rvzgcd10yi.jpg
c66shfawdmlsjym8q.jpg

The blue stripe in the middle separates the Disc from the handbook, really clever and slick design.
I always wonder why all NTSC Games where in normal Jewel Cases while PAL Games where in those unique Cases?

Whaaat?! Whilst I've gotta praise Sega for trying something different with [our Euro] cases, those things were far and away the worst cases ever made lol.... everytime you opened them they'd fall to bits: you opened the front, it'd fall off... you tried opening the front delicately, the fukkin back un would fall off instead! The little teeth holding the discs in broke off.... they were a nightmare (in fact still are, I still have my Dreamcast hooked up to an upstairs telly!) Still, they were different!
Now Japanese Gamecube boxes - lurvely! :D

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whaaat?! Whilst I've gotta praise Sega for trying something different with [our Euro] cases, those things were far and away the worst cases ever made lol.... everytime you opened them they'd fall to bits: you opened the front, it'd fall off... you tried opening the front delicately, the fukkin back un would fall off instead! The little teeth holding the discs in broke off.... they were a nightmare (in fact still are, I still have my Dreamcast hooked up to an upstairs telly!) Still, they were different!
Now Japanese Gamecube boxes - lurvely! :D
My DC games were in fantastic order, not a single breakage and that includes the games I played many many times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill