heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
More details about the long-rumoured PSP 2 have surfaced.

Video game blog VG247 spent the last week digging around for hints and sources, and has come up with some intriguing pointers.

The PSP 2 will have a touchscreen, along with the usual PS button suspects - triangle, square, et al.

It will also feature two cameras, one on the front and one on the back.

If this is all sounding a little too familiar, then don't worry - it won't be dual-screen. Put those lawsuits away, Nintendo.

Apparently, "multiple British sources" have stated that PSP 2 dev kits have already been in the UK for many months now - in fact, there have even been "finished [PSP 2] units" in the UK, too.

Sources suggest that the handheld console won't be on display at next month's E3, but may be available for viewing at Gamescom in the summer.

Finally, VG247 is expecting an early 2011 release. Exciting stuff, although our hearts won't really start racing until we see the thing in action.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/PSP+news/news.asp?c=20690

Touch screen, two cameras? hmm they're catching up with nintendo, aren't they
tongue.gif

Discuss away....

D

Deleted User

They are following in Nintendos footsteps with the "Playstation Move" after the wii and now this pretty much a NDSi with its cameras and touchscreens

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ireland 1 said:
They are following in Nintendos footsteps with the "Playstation Move" after the wii and now this pretty much a NDSi with its cameras and touchscreens

The only difference being graphics capability. I bet the PSP2 will be alot more powerful (and hopefully have 2 fecking joysticks this time and decent ones at that
dry.gif
)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release it before the 3DS and it might have a chance, release it after and it'll do as well as the PSP. Now that did do well if you consider the previous competition that Nintendo had but it hardly made a dent on the DS sales.

I still don't see it being that much more powerful than the PSP. Of course if it has something to offer that the 3DS couldn't offer that isn't about graphics then it could do better but if its just a PSP with touchscreen and cameras then many will pass.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't blame Sony for using touch screen. We're in a generation where touch screens are very popular. If the camera idea is indeed true though, that part is influenced by Nintendo for sure.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is not fact! It is just a rumor for now. A RUMOR!

EDIT: Nintendo is a CHAMP! It always know what to do and Sony always copy Nintendo. Always! Sony has no brain of their own. I will buy both if I have to!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cruznik71450 said:
I hope they do come out with PSP 2 so I can purchase a regular PSP cheap. Shouldn't of sold my first PSP but I bought for 50$ and sold for 120$ like a week later.
There WILL be a PSP2, but the exact specifications are not known yet.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't doubt the PSP2 (whenever it arrives) will be more powerful than the 3DS, but I don't think the difference will be as noteworthy this time around, as it was with the DS vs. PSP.

Assuming the rumours for both devices have some basis in truth, then will it really matter that much on a portable-sized screen if one has graphics slightly better than the original XBox, while the other is closer to the Gamecube? The power of both those consoles was impressive, IMO, and either is more than enough power for a handheld unit at this point in time.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Feels Good Man said:
You should put "RUMOUR" at the topic title until it's confirmed. I know it's in the message description but people don't really look at that first

Attention grabbing ;] you're right about people not looking at the subheading first, a mod is free to fix the title to your request.

I really question how powerful psp2 will be, that'll be the most interesting aspect. Knowing Sony they'd want the system to be powerful as it can be, with a few hours battery life would mean pleanty for them
tongue.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I doubt they will stick with the same old hardware. They'd probably use something newer just like from the Nintendo DS to the Nintendo DSi, and knowing Sony, it'd probably be just a portable PS3 excluding everything else except for Cell Processor.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Neato. Buut...

Big deal. A PSP2 is gonna have to do much more than that to catch peoples' attention, in my opinion. I mean, the original tried so hard to have plenty of bells and whistles to appeal to customers, and it STILL sold like crud.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap