RUMOR: Platinum coming to NA March 22nd?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
pok-plat-march-22-release-rumors-99.jpg

"Our Pokédexes have sat idle too long for our liking, but now new light may have been shed on the North American release of Pokémon Platinum. While the game has yet to emerge in its non-Japanese form on Amazon or GameStop's site, Circuit City just listed the title, and apparently caught a release date in the process: March 22.

Naturally, this shouldn't be considered official yet, but a six-month gap between the Japanese and North American versions of a Pokémon title is pretty much the norm by now.

Update: Looks like Circuit City pulled the listing, but it was definitely there, we SWEAR. You believe us, right? *puppy dog eyes*"

(I'm thinking it's right. As they said, it's been about 6 months since the JP release, and why else would they pull it out of the website?)

Source

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes finally a release date! I played the Japanese version but i stopped after recieving my starter. (I don't like spoilers)
tongue.gif

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of Platinum Pokémons are already hidden in Diamond and Pearl which is frankly quite easy to get but I don't mind really since this is just like Emerald for Ruby and Sapphire (Correct?) and Yellow for Red and Blue.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I expected it around that time... It's probably real, and even if it's not it will probably launch around that time.

I don't really care about this. I enjoyed Diamond/Pearl, but not as much as any Pokémon game. It's getting old, and I'm getting older as well. I may try this though; it's still a nice game, and let's not forget that Platinum has a lot more additions than Yellow, Crystal and Emerald did.

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
I expected it around that time... It's probably real, and even if it's not it will probably launch around that time.

I don't really care about this. I enjoyed Diamond/Pearl, but not as much as any Pokémon game. It's getting old, and I'm getting older as well. I may try this though; it's still a nice game, and let's not forget that Platinum has a lot more additions than Yellow, Crystal and Emerald did.

It does? Show please.
smile.gif

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:

LOL, nicely said. Mirrors me
rofl2.gif
Ya, how much of a pokefreak I am, itz done. No more E4 and NO more badges needed...

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
It just another Pokemon game to beat and prove that I still got it. I'm just embarrass to be 21 and still play pokemon...

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
It just another Pokemon game to beat and prove that I still got it. I'm just embarrass to be 21 and still play pokemon...
Thats the thing...
People dont recognize the strategies behind the game.
IV/EV/Nature/movesets/Stalling etc.
Most people dont care. People just wanna level up their pogeys and fight "beat pokes up with closed eyes..."

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Votkrath said:
Maikel Steneker said:

It does? Show please.
smile.gif
Let's see... I'll just summarize my (Dutch) preview from a while ago when the Japanese version was released:
Torn World: completely new 3D world
screen64.png

The Battle Frontier from Emerald is back as well. Appareantly you can borrow Pokémon there and let them battle or something...
The gyms are changed. That means completely new "puzzles" to reach the gym leader.
There's battle recorder to record battles and take pictures of boxes in your PC.
Poffins can be made online in a new minigame.
You can send mails... I don't know where I read about this, but you were supposed to send letters through a Hotmail or Wii mail account.
There's WiFi Square to spend your time with up to 20 players playing minigames in differently themed rooms.

As I said, I don't really care about this, but these additions seem nice. For once, this looks like a remake instead of some kind of third version with the extra pokemanz
rolleyes.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I'll probably play through it, but it won't be one of my main concerns for a while. It's basically Diamond 1.5, just as Emerald was
And Crystal, and Yellow too.

I say this owning all three of the original generation games and just Silver, however. =P I really don't like this rehash business. Sure, new content and junk, but it's just like said here, generation 4.5. It's bad enough I choked my way through Pearl, and I will probably not even touch Platinum. Meh.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
War said:
Yeah, I agree. G/S were the best in the series.... Why can't they just remake G/S for the DS already?! /cry
I totally agree. Gold and Silver were awesome. They were a real improvement over the first two games. A remake like Fire Red and Leaf Green would be awesome! Add Wii connectivity, add some new places to go to, add linking to D/P/P and it would be a must play!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up