RUMOR - Nintendo might be working on 3DS Lite

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What fact are you talking about? You're assumption that a 3DS revision will need two analog sticks or that past games needed it? Because those are opinions.
Now you're just grasping at straws, seriously. Provided the next 3DS revision will have a changed shape, it would require a new Circle Pad accessory for it. Ergo, the new revision is likely to incorporate the stick natively, because there is no point in making two revisions of the exact same add-on. Likely being the keyword.

Past games on the Gamecube needed two sticks, on the Wii it was a comfortable option for some, but nevertheless, both sticks were used in compatible games.

Reactions: 5 people

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wasn't an argument - that was an observation. he clearly used it wrong, it was addressed, and that was pretty much the end of it.
An ignorant observation, it was; addressing it in order to make his statement appear as if it was incorrect usage is indeed part of your argument (the stance that he's wrong..?). Making an observation about someone who opposes you being foreign to a term that isn't by ANY means restricted to the US, or English for that matter; Freud who really developed the idea was Austrian and spoke German (was not especially fluent in English).

Anyways, I wasn't redefining rules. It was part of the entire point. You want to add a second analog stick to a device that would be used for one or two games. Not even to say that the console would be new and we're speculation future titles - you want this on an already created device with games already in development. If you think the new revision will have a second analog, go ahead and think that. Matter of fact, if it does, I'll buy you one.
I have no information on whether or not a second analog stick will be incorporated, but I do quite like the feature where it exists in other platforms. I do own 2 3DS consoles already and I won't hold you to your last word, but I really do hope that such a feature becomes the standard because the only reason to really choose a 3DS over DS as a mobile platform for me at this time is 3D games. And using shoulder buttons or gyro to manipulate camera is way more annoying and less intuitive to me than RAnalog.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
What fact are you talking about? You're assumption that a 3DS revision will need two analog sticks or that past games needed it? Because those are opinions.
Now you're just grasping at straws, seriously. Provided the next 3DS revision will have a changed shape, it would require a new Circle Pad accessory for it. Ergo, the new revision is likely to incorporate the stick natively, because there is no point in making two revisions of the exact same add-on. Likely being the keyword.

Past games on the Gamecube needed two sticks, on the Wii it was a comfortable option for some, but nevertheless, both sticks were used in compatible games.
Thankyou. Finally someone understands, you don't have to be smart to put two and two together guys.

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would play a FPS on a Nintendo console? Sad.
I'd rather not buy another console JUST to play FPS games. I'll use what I have, thank you very much. By the way, I'm a very happy person.
Also, your attempts at insults or passive agression are just as such.
Troll bait isn't necessary.

I think the 3DS control layout is perfect the way it is. Give it a longer battery life, maybe better cameras, and I'm hooked.

Reactions: 3 people

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would play a FPS on a Nintendo console? Sad.
I'd rather not buy another console JUST to play FPS games. I'll use what I have, thank you very much. By the way, I'm a very happy person.
Also, your attempts at insults or passive agression are just as such.
Troll bait isn't necessary.

I think the 3DS control layout is perfect the way it is. Give it a longer battery life, maybe better cameras, and I'm hooked.

No, the 3DS control layout is not perfect. Have you tried playing a real platformer on a 3DS? Something like Megaman Zero? It does not work very well with the circlepad, and the D-pad is uncomfortable to use on that.

The topic title should be changed to MAY be made. This isn't even a rumor, just some magazine saying they might make one to boost sales. And seeing how sales are doing just fine, and releasing a new one with the community already iffy as it is would be stupid. And I'm vaguely certain Nintendo knows that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now to see if they try to squeeze in that second analog stick with the inevitable redesign.
QGyHv.jpg

Can I be a designer for Nintendo now?

Reactions: 2 people

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the 3DS control layout is not perfect. Have you tried playing a real platformer on a 3DS? Something like Megaman Zero? It does not work very well with the circlepad, and the D-pad is uncomfortable to use on that.
Funny you should ask, yes, I HAVE played Megaman Zero on the 3DS. I'm doing quite well. Still though, my statement that I felt that the 3DS control layout was perfect was only my opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're not going to wriggle out of this one - changing camera angles is just as good of a "use" as any other. The classic controller isn't used just for WiiWare or Virtual Console - there are genuine Wii games compatible with it that utilize both sticks. As for the Gamecube, games for it used two sticks natively, and not always for camera management.
Name 3. There is no need to bulk up the 3DS even more for the ability to change camera angles - there's no need for it. I don't even know what wriggle means, but I'm assuming it means prove how idiotic it would be. Anyways, back to the original point. name 3 games that follow your criteria. Three well known games, but that's the only reason that could warrant adding a permanent analog stick to a device.
FPS games.
1 player mode in SSBM just to name a few.
I even bet a few wii games uses the C- stick other than camera management.
Tbh, I'm not even surprised the next 3DS will come with the second circle pad. Obvious move to make.
Off-topic: This is the most hilarious thread I've read for a while.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Geez and I just got a 3DS yesterday...

I love the system, even if I completely disliked it from the beginning, and if a N3DSL may be underway, make sure you Nintendo ppl improve the build quality, see, ie NDS Lite hinges problem.

A hardware redesign could mean lower costs, but please don't offer higher CPU speeds as there are a lot of people who bought the system thinking the performance would be faster than DS(i), focus on improving the firmware on the current hardware, please.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, an afterthought, you guys are kind of forgetting that there is virtually no difference besides design and backlight on the NDS and the NDSL. Sony tried doing better hardware already, look how far that went. Nintendo isn't about to fragment the game sales. The DSi tried that, and failed miserably.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Geez and I just got a 3DS yesterday...

I love the system, even if I completely disliked it from the beginning, and if a N3DSL may be underway, make sure you Nintendo ppl improve the build quality, see, ie NDS Lite hinges problem.

A hardware redesign could mean lower costs, but please don't offer higher CPU speeds as there are a lot of people who bought the system thinking the performance would be faster than DS(i), focus on improving the firmware on the current hardware, please.

Introducing a new hardware setup would require a whole new development process with having backwards compatibility for the DS, DSi and 3DS Original in mind, making another DS-Mode, DSi-Mode, 3DS-Classic-Mode clusterf*ck. It's impossible so early in the handheld's lifespan.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About the second circle pad being implemented into a redeisgn, couldn't Nintendo just design the new revision around the circle pad and ensure it works with it instead of attaching it to the actual system, since then Nintendo would get the money from the revision and the circle pad. Assuming the circle pad would be sold by itself for $15-$20 of course. Just my thought on the matter.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
One thought, if they're going to fit the 2nd circle pad into a redesign, where will they fit those extra triggers?
Where the normal triggers are right now? It's not like the overall thickness changes when the pad is attached - they can use the same "layout" they used on the circlepad.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
One thought, if they're going to fit the 2nd circle pad into a redesign, where will they fit those extra triggers?
Where the normal triggers are right now? It's not like the overall thickness changes when the pad is attached - they can use the same "layout" they used on the circlepad.
But if really there were a 'lite', I wonder how it's going to fit. Just thoughts.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But if really there were a 'lite', I wonder how it's going to fit. Just thoughts.
I just told you how. The general thickness between the 3DS and the Lite wouldn't have to be any different - the change could be made in the weight of the unit, its battery capacity and "in the size compared to the 3DS+CirclePad combo", since introducing it natively would make the console much smaller for people who actually want the second thumb stick.

It doesn't even have to be called Lite, hell, I think 3DSi would be just fine. Better yet, 3DS² - sounds awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-