[RUMOR] Multiple sources claim Persona 4: Golden is headed to PC

9A63167D-528C-4C3C-BFEF-7CF5871AECEA.jpeg

There are just a handful of days before the PC Gaming Show begins, where we’ll see dozens of games be teased, revealed, and shown off to the excited masses. But as always, massive rumors begin to fly before any major event occurs, and this year is no different. A journalist for NintendoSoup, Sabi, claims that the big reveal that Atlus is currently teasing for the PC Gaming Show will be a port of Persona 4: Golden. They have apparently received confirmation of this through PC files given to them by a source, along with a more uncertain claim of a PC port for Persona 3 Portable as well. Supposedly, it’ll be both announced and released on the same day. Other major journalists Daniel “ZhugeEX” Ahmad, Nibellion, and Wario64 are also verifying the rumor through their own sources. This makes the rumor quite credible and believable, but at this point, nothing is confirmed. We’ll learn for certain June 13th.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Possible SteamDB Page

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can stream your pc game to your phone you know

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

persona 4 arena for PC actually exists, but it's the arcade version, so no story mode from what I heard
It's P4AU not P4A, it's called Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold in JP

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
All shin megami tensei games got 50% off on 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dont know when the sale finishes And I have to wait and see what will release on pc first.

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outside of japan it was dead since years..?
its a shame but its better to have the game on a "living" machine.
Would be a shame to lose Persona 4 Golden forever! Look at those idiotic prices on ebay omg...

Wow, P4 golden was like a $20 dollar game only a couple of years ago. Was even cheaper loose..

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about this, I don't think it's gonna happen. Remember when Atlus sued RPCS3 because it could play Persona 5?
And? I'm pretty sure there aren't many developers out there who enjoy having their games pirated. That's just all the more reason to offer a way for PC gamers to legitimately purchase them.

That said, Persona 5 is almost certainly still under license as an exclusive after the release of P5R. No such issue exists for P4G, and it's certainly not going to make them any more money on the Vita, so it makes the most sense that that's the one they're choosing to port.

Tamunya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
I really hope there will be something like a DLC with P4 Dancing story but probably no, it may be difficult to do legally.

Anyway, knowing Atlus this may very well end up being English dub only but the fans will fix it, as always... P4 Dancing is pretty important and well-written, from what I know, essentially a "last concert" kind of thing, so I'm probably not going to sell my Vita even though I kind of want to. P4 Golden and Dancing are quite literally the only exclusives I care about on the platform, there's some other games I keep for it but they're all ported to PC/PS4/Switch or can be emulated. Vita is very comfortable to hold and to play on and I feel like P4 Golden in particular is just, well, "golden" on the Vita due to the way the game looks and plays, it's just a very portable game.

And? I'm pretty sure there aren't many developers out there who enjoy having their games pirated. That's just all the more reason to offer a way for PC gamers to legitimately purchase them.

That said, Persona 5 is almost certainly still under license as an exclusive after the release of P5R. No such issue exists for P4G, and it's certainly not going to make them any more money on the Vita, so it makes the most sense that that's the one they're choosing to port.
It's so ridiculous that games like Persona, Yakuza, Final Fantasy are often the exclusives of Playstation but the Sony doesn't give a damn about actually promoting them or branding them as exclusives. When all of these exclusives they promote are often extremely half-baked and mediocre games that would never be so successfull if not for the PR and expensive graphics.

i think this is good for digital preservation and because p4Golden only exist on Psvita system, Now we only need is cross save.
Let's not forget that the undub version exists only on homebrewed Vitas, that's an important factor, too.

Last edited by Tamunya,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol