Homebrew Rumble RAM Pack and GBA Expansion

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have received both the m3 GBA expansion pack and the m3 Rumble RAM Pack with my m3 real ds. I only got the GBA expansion at first and relized that the Opera browser willll not work for it so then i ordered the Ruble ram pack seperately, but before the rumble RAM pack came i saw the hack to make the GBA expansion work with the Opera, which i got and it worked. But now I have both and i do a lot emulation of NeoDS and SNES, and soon Genesis as well. SO i want to know What is the difference? Which one has more ram? Which one is better to use for emulators like the NeoDS or Snemulds? which one should i use for opera?

PS:
Off topic, Thank you in advance for any advice and info. and sorry if this is a stupid question, I am extremely knew to the world of homebrew DS. I just discovered it like a week ago and I stayed up for like 3 days reading all the info i can get on the subject but there is so much to learn and its hard to choose the best flash cart and where to buy from, and where to download software and such. So much terminology to learn its like a new language. and what sites are the best to goto. But man is the world of homebrew amazing i am so excited. Again thank you.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The rumble RAM pack has rumble and less RAM (8MB I think). The GBA expansion has no rumble and more RAM (32MB), as well as the SRAM needed to store saves for GBA games. The GBA expansion is better in every way except for the rumble.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter for the official Nintendo browser, it will only use the 8MB it expects to find in the official RAM cart. For homebrew (emulators, browsers, DSquake, etc.), the GBA expansion provides more memory.

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true, I have hacked the GBA Expansion to play the oficcial nintendo browser Opera. i downloaded it and it worked with GBA expansion its a pack.. but which one is faster? Or should i test it myself to find that out.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you misunderstood me. You can get the browser running with most slot 2 flashcarts that have RAM in them, but it won't take advantage of the fact that they have more RAM than the official cart. The M3 Real is designed to let you use either the GBA expansion or the rumble RAM pack to run the browser.

I would think the memory speed would be the same for both the GBA expansion and the rumble RAM pack, but I'm not sure about that.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of starting a new topic, I had some questions about the M3 ram pack and thought I'd ask it here.

1- is there a store that sells JUST the ram pack? (sans the rumble and slot-1 card)
2- how's the save battery life?
3- can I use Rudolf's loader to write GBA roms to it (using any slot 1 device)?
3- can I write any game up to 32MB?

Thanks for your help!

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are using M3 Real

1) Amazon.co.uk - marketplace seller selling just the pack must be others
2) Saves are placed on the SD card (however this is done the next time you switch on- so if playing a GBA game switch off then switch on again for a few seconds)
3)If you have the M3 GBA - no additional software required, plug and play as they say!
4) I have had no issues with any GBA game - all play as they should

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Realhotstuff.com and dealwoot.com sell them.

2. No one knows, because aside from the odd bad battery, none of the GBA expansions have been out long enough to reach the end of their natural SRAM battery life.

3. Mostly yes. Rudolph never got 1024 kbit flash saves working properly on the M3 GBA expansion, and ever since the M3 Team threatened to sue him he's started purposely making his software incompatible with all M3 products, so any new versions of GBA ExpLoader will not support the M3 expansion at all.

3(2). Yes.

yamilaith

Trophies
XP
Country
yo best place to get any flash card is pcjerry.co.uk its the cheapest in the uk card like the r4 that usually cost £40 not including p&p are only £17 there including p&p

first ever post on gbatemp.net woot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: